• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

lol. Walking beehives. Really bad impersonation of the trees they are supposed to represent.

??? Surely not. H.G. Wells was a renowned Spurs fans and foresaw the day we'd need tripods to win the battle of North London:
pegtripod01.jpg

url

The current one looks much prouder, with the puffed out chest, whereas some earlier ones look like chickens being strangled. The new one has grown on me but I think I still prefer the one bottom left. Perhaps we could have a variant of the current crest with the two lions and audere est facere added for some special reason.

Very strong image. Like how it is used on this season's shirt set within a shield. Clean, simple, effective.

tbf I can see where they** were coming from, that three pumps across the chest has always been Leeds but in a sort of underground way. A bit like, we all know what "Yiddo!" means, but you wouldn't want it emblazoned across your UCL third kit.

**Oxbridge Marketing Henrys who haven't got a fvcking clue getting hold of the wrong end of the stick. Just latch on to something the "common man" told them was "Quintessentially" Leeds.
To be honest I didn’t even réalisé that fist pump was a Leeds thing? Is it a recent thing, I’ve been out of the country for 12 years so don’t get much coverage of dirty Leeds unless you search for it!

To be honest I didn’t even réalisé that fist pump was a Leeds thing? Is it a recent thing, I’ve been out of the country for 12 years so don’t get much coverage of dirty Leeds unless you search for it!

The Leeds Salute apparently goes back to the 50s. It's a Leeds thing, not just a Leeds United thing.

It's their equivalent of Mancs standing on tables anytime the Stone Roses comes on the jukebox.

Are HP big enough to go in for a sponsorship deal of that size?

They are huge, but not that big on sponsorship. They inherited the NHL arena in San Jose when they bought Compaq and renamed it HP Pavilion, but that can't have been a very expensive deal as the current sponsor is only paying just over $3.3 million a year. Being our shirt sponsor seems to be the biggest thing they've done.

Back