• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

I genuinely think he won't be there for more than another season. He averages around 3 years at most clubs IIRC. Still got the French and German leagues to tick off. PSG will inevitably fire Unai Emery if they don't win the CL this season or next season. Bayern would probably take him also.

I don't think so. They are a well run club and he is yesterday's man.

I take the point about their model, but they do churn through managers every couple of years, I wouldn’t rule it out either. He’d be a risk at the minute though, he’s seemingly lost his magic touch.

He lost it at Madrid and is trading off past successes now.

Came back to Chelsea and won another title.

Also, I guess, the United effect amplifies things, he’s won a European trophy there. I certainly expected more from United under him (I expect more from United under anyone) but if he was at any other English club the narrative would be kinder.

Came back to Chelsea and won another title.

Also, I guess, the United effect amplifies things, he’s won a European trophy there. I certainly expected more from United under him (I expect more from United under anyone) but if he was at any other English club the narrative would be kinder.

That team has de Gea, Pogba, Mata, Sanchez, Carrick, Matic, Lukaku & Zlatan, then you can add Martial, Rashford, Herrera, Lingard, Shaw, Blind, Jones, Smalling. Literally wtf? that team goes away and sets up like West Brom?

United lost the plot when they decided they needed to compete in the PR battle and sign huge names on stupid salaries vs. building a balanced effective side with a system of football aligned to the club's goals.

Jose was a calculated gamble (you know this brick was going to happen, it's the price for trophies), and in some way it has worked (they won cups), but the big issue for them is it didn't get them PL title and won't under Jose.

That team has de Gea, Pogba, Mata, Sanchez, Carrick, Matic, Lukaku & Zlatan, then you can add Martial, Rashford, Herrera, Lingard, Shaw, Blind, Jones, Smalling. Literally wtf? that team goes away and sets up like West Brom?

United lost the plot when they decided they needed to compete in the PR battle and sign huge names on stupid salaries vs. building a balanced effective side with a system of football aligned to the club's goals.

Jose was a calculated gamble (you know this brick was going to happen, it's the price for trophies), and in some way it has worked (they won cups), but the big issue for them is it didn't get them PL title and won't under Jose.
To be fair, it might do if it weren't for city on cheat mode.

Last edited:
Jose plays this McTominay quite a bit lately, not seen much about him, is he British ?

Yes, but he is yet to decide what flavour.

Tug-of-war hots up over Man United youngster Scott McTominay

The scramble between England and Scotland for Scott McTominay has intensified, with the managers of both national teams poised to make personal representations to secure the youngster.

Alex McLeish, freshly installed as Scotland manager, is seeking a meeting with McTominay and can offer him the chance to be part of the new squad he wants to build.

Meanwhile, England boss Gareth Southgate is due at Manchester United’s AON training complex this week for a routine visit and McTominay is expected to be part of his discussions with Jose Mourinho.

The Scottish Football Association and Football Association technical directors, Malky Mackay and Dan Ashworth, are also involved in keeping up their countries’ overtures towards a player whose big impact on United’s season has taken many by surprise.

McTominay, who only turned 21 in December, has made 14 appearances for his club in 2017-18 and kept United’s record £89m signing, Paul Pogba, out of their starting line-up in Wednesday’s Champions League knockout game away to Sevilla.

He was given a new contract in October after impressing Mourinho, who lavished praise in Seville on McTominay’s mature performances in midfield. A late developer in the junior ranks, who shot up belatedly to stand 6ft 4in, McTominay has not been capped at any representative level - but with Scotland and England preparing for full and age-level internationals next month that appears certain to change.

McTominay’s choice is whether to play for the country where he was born and raised, which is England, following a childhood in Lancaster - or go with the nation of his heritage. Both his parents are Scottish, as are all his grandparents. He is thought to, instinctively, “feel English”, but has not made up his mind.

In the camp trying to edge him towards Scotland is United’s director and club ambassador, Sir Alex Ferguson. Mourinho has ideas on who he should play for and recently said that perhaps Scotland should cap McTominay “because it looks like England is missing him”. However the Portuguese refused to spell out which country he believes McTominay should play for when asked on Friday.

“I’ve given him my advice but I think the advice of his parents is more important than mine. His own heart is more important than my advice, because mine is purely from a career point of view,” Mourinho said.

“More important than his career is his feeling, his family’s feeling and also the overall situation with him. He’s going to have a very good career independently of his international choice – if he has the choice, because maybe Scotland or England don’t want to select him, which is also possible. The most important thing is for him to feel good with himself.”

McTominay is expected to continue in midfield - alongside Pogba - when United face Chelsea at Old Trafford today. In Seville, where he hugged a television reporter who asked him a positive question about McTominay, Mourinho outlined his faith in the midfielder. “The confidence and trust I show towards Scott, he earned it since day one, since he came to the first-team training sessions step by step with a lot to learn and a long way to go.

“Even now I would say that he has a lot to learn but since the first moment he was learning. That is the way to perform and of course he will have bad matches and make mistakes and be on the bench and not be selected, but I know when I want him to play I know the kind of mentality, the player I am developing. I know the qualities that will make him a really good player.”

England’s assistant manager, Steve Holland, will watch McTominay in action at Old Trafford this afternoon while Southgate is at Wembley for Emirates Marketing Project’s joust with Arsenal in the Carabao Cup final.

It's like this lad is the next coming of Jesus or something, he isn't that good

Alex McLeish is due to hold talks with Scott McTominay at Manchester United's training ground this week in a bid to persuade the Lancaster-born midfielder, 21, to pledge his international future to Scotland

You have to seriously love Scotland to want to waste your time with them. Hoping to scrape away draws against other minnows.

Back