• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

Did you live?
My company has arranged a Christmas do at Tottenham Hale. Will I be stabbed much, will I die, should I avoid it.
The place looks horrendous... outside in December... shabby... trendy... tat

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...e82c43eaa!8m2!3d51.5894616!4d-0.0612161?hl=en

Ended up getting chicken close to home before heading over to Tottenham.

It's not so bad. I'm sure Styx has a trendy enough clientele to not have too much bother. Just saw they're having a 'nuclear winter' themed event. That what you're going to?

We did joke that we were gonna be robbed before heading out but I pointed out we're both poor so we have nothing worth stealing. Kept myself to myself as well.

Ended up getting chicken close to home before heading over to Tottenham.

It's not so bad. I'm sure Styx has a trendy enough clientele to not have too much bother. Just saw they're having a 'nuclear winter' themed event. That what you're going to?

We did joke that we were gonna be robbed before heading out but I pointed out we're both poor so we have nothing worth stealing. Kept myself to myself as well.
Cheers. Yes, nuclear winter. Great... apparently it is outside... in December... at night...?!
I have loads worth stealing. Cash, pride, phone, dignity, kidneys.

Once in a blue moon 1 night stay in town last night with the Mrs.

Lima, Peruvian restaurant for food last night. WTF do Peruvian s eat?, you may well ask (that's why we went). Everything we had was lovely.

Then went to see the Girl from the North Country at the Noel Coward (lovely classic theatre)....fantastic performances and play. (Lots of Bob Dillon songs)..highly recommended .

Don't know if anyone else has stayed at CitizenM tower bridge but have been most impressed. Such a great hotel for relaxing and just hanging out for a bit. Lovely roof top bar overlooking London but specifically Tower of London, tower bridge and the river. Plus it sits on top of tower hill tube. For £90/100 a night its stretts ahead at that price point.

The Mrs is at Borough market making sourdough, walked her there this morning (via the Watch House for breakfast) I've been to Borough market a few times but it never fails to wow me. If you love food...its nirvana.

Edit. Plus we've had 2 days of sunshine :)

The Citizen M is awesome, stayed there before. Love it. There's one right near Borough Market as well, which is nice, but not as good as the Tower Bridge one. I worked near London Bridge until this Friday just gone, when I was made redundant.

Seems there are a few jobs around though, one of which is in Shepherds Bush. I don't really know too much about the area, I've been there but not for years. I had an interview on Monday which went really well, and could lead to something. However, I was mildly concerned because the last time I had seen security guards on the door of McDonalds, it was Friday and Saturday nights, and in Plymouth. Not just before 5pm on a Monday afternoon. Is that normal...?

I've seen security guards on the door of the McDonalds in Walthamstow as well, and I don't feel scared walking around Walthamstow.

The security is probably there for the after school teenage crowd, who may have 'beef' with each other. Shepherds Bush has got a few nice pubs, which suggests to me that at least some trendy young professionals live there, and has got Westfield just there for all your shopping needs ;)

Stayed at a cheap hotel between Hammersmith and Shepherd's Bush once. For London it wasn't bad at all. Pretty quiet actually until you got close to the shopping centres and the tube station. The security might also be to keep certain less desirable elements out. Stayed right next to Baker Street in December and one morning there was one guy who was completely brickfaced that insisted on opening the door for everyone going in and out of Pret. The staff eventually had to chase him away.

When I lived in Camberwell (peckham/E&C really) the local corner shop had a thick plastic wall so you couldn't get to the stuff (think Bank tellers) - you had to tell the assistant what you wanted... seemed a bit overkill for washing up liquid.

Have to say, it continues to amuse me when people in UK talk about brickhole areas, especially London/Tottenham.

Without even going 3rd world on you, places in US, Bedstuy in Brooklyn, Newark NY, Camden NJ, Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta (list could go on and on) .. that's dodgy ...

Have to say, it continues to amuse me when people in UK talk about brickhole areas, especially London/Tottenham.

Without even going 3rd world on you, places in US, Bedstuy in Brooklyn, Newark NY, Camden NJ, Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta (list could go on and on) .. that's dodgy ...

Only because guns are legal there. If the chavs and wannabes gangsters could buy guns in England then the areas in London would be just as bad.

Only because guns are legal there. If the chavs and wannabes gangsters could buy guns in England then the areas in London would be just as bad.

All part of our wonderful multi-culture, I know lots of people from around the world and different cultures and many can't understand why we embrace all the brick american culture in this country.

Back