• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

Well I hope so, I would like the promoting of young players to become a part of our DNA, no matter how much the new stadium changes our finances. To be a club that promotes youth players and shows patience with them is a good ideal and a bit like Ajax a club I respect would be a great thing for us. Save the money for the odd big name purchases and giving industry level wages. But I would like to see 5-6 academy produced players in the squad at the least.

I agree, academy or brought in youth. Mainly because they can grow with the club and develop that affinity with the fans

I had to remind a Chelsea fan yesterday that hazard has no loyalty to them and none of their team do as their not players developed by the club. He agreed and said he hated the current set up

UEFA Youth League - Round of 16

Tottenham v Monaco at Stevenage's Lamex Stadium, kick-off 12.45pm.

Spurs team: Austin, Hinds, Reynolds, Skipp, Eyoma, Lyons-Foster, Oakley-Boothe, Maghoma, Sterling, Roles & Bennetts.

Joined us from Leyton Orient at 14.

Why does it surprise you? More and more young British players are moving abroad as they don't see a 1st team pathway over here.

I guess I'm just adopting the fact that most English players don't go abroad. I figured it was the same for the youngsters.

What are the figures like regarding young English players going abroad.

Bennetts scored a great goal. How was he for the most part?

Ok, its was a good open game with both sides hitting the woodwork and missing some decent chances, nobody stood out for us, but our centre backs looked solid as did the keeper. As you would expect in a youth game mistakes were made but its all good experience. I watched some of the following game Liverpool v United and Liverpool were all over United, their team seemed bigger and fitter and some had played in the first team. Chong played for United and looked tinkled off.

Another hatrick for reo griffiths today

Hope we hang on to the kid and give him some minutes on the pitch next season, no pressure on him because he is so young and he cant be any worse then Llorente. That or we send him out on loan like we did to Kane at the same age, lets get this kids progression up and going quickly.

Another hatrick for reo griffiths today

Hope we hang on to the kid and give him some minutes on the pitch next season, no pressure on him because he is so young and he cant be any worse then Llorente. That or we send him out on loan like we did to Kane at the same age, lets get this kids progression up and going quickly.

For the conspiracy theorists, despite getting a second hattrick in a week, the write-up on the website wasnt gushing with praise for him, nor were Scott Parker's comments...

On a stag do in Rotterdam this weekend and bumped in to (joe?) Muscats dad, we released him last year and he's now at Bolton. Was moved to fullback by Spurs instead of midfield. After I asked he said that it's not in the interests of John McDermott for his boy to go on to make it as it reflects badly on him so the club don't really help in getting the players they released another club.

His younger son plays for Watford and he was playing some games in Holland for them.

The dad was a nice bloke despite being Chelsea! He's hoping his boy gets some game time for Bolton before the end of the season.

Not very interesting I know but thought I'd share!

On a stag do in Rotterdam this weekend and bumped in to (joe?) Muscats dad, we released him last year and he's now at Bolton. Was moved to fullback by Spurs instead of midfield. After I asked he said that it's not in the interests of John McDermott for his boy to go on to make it as it reflects badly on him so the club don't really help in getting the players they released another club.

His younger son plays for Watford and he was playing some games in Holland for them.

The dad was a nice bloke despite being Chelsea! He's hoping his boy gets some game time for Bolton before the end of the season.

Not very interesting I know but thought I'd share!
I find that interesting as we seem to be one of the best clubs for getting the players that we release deals elsewhere.

One of the main reasons for kids to come to Spurs is that even if they don't make it at Spurs, they have a good chance of doing so elsewhere.

Having met John several times and knowing what I know of the way that he runs the academy, I would be really surprised if John didn't want all of the kids who come through our academy to make it in the game (as long as they have the right attitude that is of course). I would say that the opposite of Mr Muscats' view is more likely to hold. Surely the more kids who make it in football anywhere having gone through John's academy structure, the better the reflection of John and his team at Spurs?

I find that interesting as we seem to be one of the best clubs for getting the players that we release deals elsewhere.

One of the main reasons for kids to come to Spurs is that even if they don't make it at Spurs, they have a good chance of doing so elsewhere.

Having met John several times and knowing what I know of the way that he runs the academy, I would be really surprised if John didn't want all of the kids who come through our academy to make it in the game (as long as they have the right attitude that is of course). I would say that the opposite of Mr Muscats' view is more likely to hold. Surely the more kids who make it in football anywhere having gone through John's academy structure, the better the reflection of John and his team at Spurs?
Yea I literally know nothing about the situation other than what I was told by the dad. Also I should add that I directly asked the question what Spurs did to help, it’s not like he just brought it up in the convo to have a pop. He said that he was offered 3 clubs and that it came about through his contacts and the agent.

For the conspiracy theorists, despite getting a second hattrick in a week, the write-up on the website wasnt gushing with praise for him, nor were Scott Parker's comments...

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Paul Mitchell now at Leipzig wants to take Reo there.

Maybe the dad was just a bit bitter, you did say he was a Chelsea fan so clearly he is at the least a bit of a cnut.

Fredericks, Smith, Carol, Mason(sadly no more) Townsend, Livermore. We have a good record in youngsters going on in the game and then even the ones who are released earlier like that Bryne kid who is at Wigan I think it probably helps attract them to the club knowing they have a good chance to make it in the game even if it is not with us.

I guess I'm just adopting the fact that most English players don't go abroad. I figured it was the same for the youngsters.

What are the figures like regarding young English players going abroad.

I don't have any figures but off the top of my head you've had these players move abroad in the past year or so

Jadon Sancho (Emirates Marketing Project -> Dortmund)
Chris Willock (Arsenal -> Benfica)
Marcus McGuane (Arsenal -> Barcelona)
Dan Crowley (Arsenal -> Willem II)
Kaylen Hinds (Arsenal -> Wolfsburg)
Mandela Egbo (Palace -> Monchengladbach)
Mukhtar Ali (Chelsea -> Vitesse)

Then you have quite a few out on loan like Reece Oxford(Monchengladbach), Ademola Lookman(RB Leipzig) and all the Chelsea lads at Vitesse. I think this is only the beginning though and the number will rise in the coming years. As for Griffiths, from what I gather he isn't our only U18 who may be moving on this summer, though whether that's to a club abroad or not I don't know.

Back