• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Ok, look at the context of Wigan knocking the greatest football team to ever at the game in England out of the greatest domestic cup of them all, does that not mitigate for the excitement of a pitch invasion?
It's almost traditional in these upsets.

they didn't do it last time they beat them in a cup game

Does anyone else think Wigan have made us favourites to win the cup? Obviously not the bookies but when you realise that we have two winnable games in Rochdale and Sheff W/Swansea to get into the Semi finals. Once in the semis we then effectively play the remaining games at home and I'd fancy us to beat anyone left in the competition at home.

Obviously there's always the chance that we Spurs it up and go out to Rochdale next week but I think we can win this.

I just don’t think Wembley with a 50/50 split of fans is “home”. Yea there’s a bit of familiarity there, but that will mean nothing when/if playing Chelsea or Utd, who play there regularly enough anyway.

Those potential games are a long way off and form will play a big factor in it.

Without further CL and FA cup games, by the end of the season we will have had 24 games at Wembley since August.

Im not sure it will be a deciding factor in any hypothetical final, but I am sure it cannot be written off either.

It will certainly offer *some* advantage.

Its like saying if the cup final was at WHL it wouldnt be like a home game because of the 50/50 split, it just doesnt hold up IMO.

Does anyone else think Wigan have made us favourites to win the cup? Obviously not the bookies but when you realise that we have two winnable games in Rochdale and Sheff W/Swansea to get into the Semi finals. Once in the semis we then effectively play the remaining games at home and I'd fancy us to beat anyone left in the competition at home.

Obviously there's always the chance that we Spurs it up and go out to Rochdale next week but I think we can win this.

Not checked with all the bookies, but right now I would say United would be the favourites. Already in the Last 8 with a home draw to come. Chelsea may be 2nd faves, by virtue of the fact they are in effect a round ahead.
Should we progress next Weds I would then rank as 2nd favourites due to the fact we are away and will have a harder tie than United but slightly easier than Chelsea.

Without further CL and FA cup games, by the end of the season we will have had 24 games at Wembley since August.

Im not sure it will be a deciding factor in any hypothetical final, but I am sure it cannot be written off either.

It will certainly offer *some* advantage.

Its like saying if the cup final was at WHL it wouldnt be like a home game because of the 50/50 split, it just doesnt hold up IMO.

For me playing there all season has to be a massive help. The crowd might well be split, but our 50% will be a damn sight louder....

I just don’t think Wembley with a 50/50 split of fans is “home”. Yea there’s a bit of familiarity there, but that will mean nothing when/if playing Chelsea or Utd, who play there regularly enough anyway.

Those potential games are a long way off and form will play a big factor in it.
Would you call WHL with a 50/50 split home?

Sorry guys I just don’t see it!

Our good home record is because we’re a bloody good team and we get a great partisan backing. With a 50/50 split of fans that backing is no longer an advantage.

Like I say there’s marginal advantage due to familiarity, but that’s all for me.

For me playing there all season has to be a massive help. The crowd might well be split, but our 50% will be a damn sight louder....

Just as the whole match day routine, changing rooms, pitch dimensions and ques... It will all be much more natural/familiar than for the other side.

Even if it is Utd or alike who have played at Wembley a lot - they havent played there 24+ games in 8 months.

Not checked with all the bookies, but right now I would say United would be the favourites. Already in the Last 8 with a home draw to come. Chelsea may be 2nd faves, by virtue of the fact they are in effect a round ahead.
Should we progress next Weds I would then rank as 2nd favourites due to the fact we are away and will have a harder tie than United but slightly easier than Chelsea.

We are no more than 3rd favorites as long as Conte and Mourinho are still in it. Boring, cheating clams.

Agreed, form will play a big part but the big teams play at wembley once or twice a season, we've played there every other week, we're familiar with the surroundings, we know how the pitch plays, we're familiar with the width and the length of the pitch as well as other things like being familiar with the dressing rooms and match day preparations and stuff like that, it's a home game but with them having some extra fans in the stadium, it's a massive advantage as far as I can see and with the semis and the final being played there and Emirates Marketing Project being out we have our best chance in years.

Ok, look at the context of Wigan knocking the greatest football team to ever at the game in England out of the greatest domestic cup of them all, does that not mitigate for the excitement of a pitch invasion?
It's almost traditional in these upsets.
Something nice happening does not give free reign to be a taco, no

Something nice happening does not give free reign to be a taco, no
The guy who approached aguero and his ilk, totally agree, no punishment is too harsh for these clowns.
But the vast majority of these are just fans from small clubs enjoying their moment in the spotlight, they cause no problems and generally it's just a bit of fun.
Did the forest fans not do it when they knocked the gooners out?

The guy who approached aguero and his ilk, totally agree, no punishment is too harsh for these clowns.
But the vast majority of these are just fans from small clubs enjoying their moment in the spotlight, they cause no problems and generally it's just a bit of fun.
Did the forest fans not do it when they knocked the gooners out?
Do you storm the stage after a really good gig or theatre show?

The fact that we have lost 7 semi finals in a row is a big mental hurdle for us to overcome. United and Chelsea have a recent history of winning mulitple trophies whereas we haven't won a trophy since 2008. I'll be a lot more confident if Leicester can knock out Chelsea as two of those semi finals defeats were inflicted on us by the chavs. Mourinho is a serial trophy winner. I know Chelsea are going through a rocky patch, but they have a knack of turning up when they have in the latter stages of knockout tournaments.

For the above reasons, I'd have us 3rd favourites personally.

Do you storm the stage after a really good gig or theatre show?
No, because it's not considered acceptable behaviour.
But at certain times in football it maybe frowned upon but a blind eye is turned.
No one was caring about supporters on the pitch until the clown approached aguero and he reacted.
Truth be told that guy did Emirates Marketing Project and pep a big favour, it has totally deflected from the behaviour of their fans, which was much worse, and peps behaviour.
What's different from that guy dunno g after aguero to pep dunno g after the Wigan manager?

Back