• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I disagree with that and so does the objective evidence.

Leicester were comfortably the second best team in many of their wins that season, and not just against the good teams.

People sat down for them/didn’t take them seriously until March. Then teams played soft against them versus treating us like a cup final.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Leicester had a lot go their way that season. That is undoubtedly true.

What is also undoubtedly true imo is that they deserved the title in that season and were actually the best and most consistent team that season.

I also don't understand why Spurs fans still go on about it because at no point in the season were we actually 1st, we had I believe 2 opportunities to go above them all season and took neither and ended the season with 70 points, which most seasons would have us comfortably where we ended up. 3rd/4th.

I'd understand the upset if we actually ended up close to winning it. But we didn't. We finished 11 points behind, with 70 points, in 3rd place. Let it go.

As for the top 4 this season, I think we're looking good now. I hope we rack up the points in the next few fixtures because there's a few games between the other top 6 clubs. Stay focused and pick up the points in any way in our PL games now. It is imperative we start our life at the new stadium with CL football and three seasons in a row in the CL would be excellent for both bank balance and for the profile of the club.

First two paragraphs are spot on.

In some senses I was pleased for Leicester winning it and sticking it to the big boys and as pointed out we were never first in the league that season in fact I can not remember the last time we were top off the league after 10 games in a season.

What got me about Leicester was Huth playing rugby and getting away with it, the seemed this unsaid thing that refs were being lenient with them to keep the amazing story going. If they had been mid table I am sure Huth would have been given a few red cards and conceded penalties.
Absolutely, everything else about Leicester that season was hugely laudable. Big question is, would they still have won the League without that thug regularly getting away with wrestling opponents to the ground inside the box?

That doesn’t mean anything. Might just mean that Leicester did enough to win games 1-0 against everyone, whereas Arsenal could have won 5-0 against the terrible sides but should have drawn/lost against all others.
Actually it does mean a lot, since it looks at all the individual games, not just the aggregate expected goals for and against.

People sat down for them/didn’t take them seriously until March. Then teams played soft against them versus treating us like a cup final.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It helped that none of their Midlands rivals (Nottingham Forest, Derby County and Coventry City) were in the top flight, as all those teams would’ve enjoyed scuppering Leicester’s title challenge just as much as Wet Spam and Chavski rejoiced in ruining our slender hopes during the run in.

It helped that none of their Midlands rivals (Nottingham Forest, Derby County and Coventry City) were in the top flight, as all those teams would’ve enjoyed scuppering Leicester’s title challenge just as much as Wet Spam and Chavski rejoiced in ruining our slender hopes during the run in.

It also helped that they didn't have European football, that Chelsea had a relatively bad season, etc. etc. All a team can do is win the matches in front of them, and that's what they did.

On a side note, I think the players who won the PL with Leicester should be double proud about their achievement, compared to, say Walker at City.
They won the league with a team assembled for a different purpose, where every one of the players who participated can say that they were an integral part of achieving a result above their weight.

I'm sure Walker in his head can manage to convince himself that he was one of the final pieces missing in the City jigsaw, but the reality is that if they hadn't bought him, they would have bought someone else at the same level. Take nothing away from this City-side, they have been astonishing at times this season, and their run of results speak for itself.

But as an achievement one should not try to belittle Leicesters championship just because we were their main contenders in the end, and failed to finish strongly enough.

On a side note, I think the players who won the PL with Leicester should be double proud about their achievement, compared to, say Walker at City.
They won the league with a team assembled for a different purpose, where every one of the players who participated can say that they were an integral part of achieving a result above their weight.

I'm sure Walker in his head can manage to convince himself that he was one of the final pieces missing in the City jigsaw, but the reality is that if they hadn't bought him, they would have bought someone else at the same level. Take nothing away from this City-side, they have been astonishing at times this season, and their run of results speak for itself.

But as an achievement one should not try to belittle Leicesters championship just because we were their main contenders in the end, and failed to finish strongly enough.
While I agree with what you say about the Leicester players, I disagree about Walker. What other RB could Emirates Marketing Project have bought at Walker's level who would slot immediately thanks to his PL experience and ability to play in a system that relies on hugely dynamic fullbacks? City's expensive FBs played a large part in them blitzing the league before Christmas and I don't think they'd have been as quick out of the gate without Walker.

A FB is obviously going to make as much of a difference as a dominant midfielder (think De Bruyne, Sanchez) or forward (Costa) and they're arguably easier to find, but Walker has definitely made a difference that I don't think many other available players could.

What exactly do you think Dynamic means? Because, honestly, its not a word Id use to describe Walker.

Much like Sissoko, Walker is more an athlete than footballer, IMO. Though he is of course a far superior footballer than Sissoko.

When you watch Walker, in an offensive capacity, he really is quite disappointing. And at City - again like Sissoko - he is completely out of his depth compared to his team mates when it comes to basic skill, technique and intelligence.

I rate him as a very good defender, particularly in 1 on 1 situations. And his athleticism means he has remarkable recovery powers when he is (quite frequently) caught out of position.

Attacking? Trippier makes him look silly. And people here barely rate Tripps.

Ok I can't really bothered to get into this argument again or start long discussions on the merits of xpts (as much as I like XG).

Needless to say, a club that finishes on 70 points in a 20 team league does not deserve to win the league.

I don't know how to use the like button

What exactly do you think Dynamic means? Because, honestly, its not a word Id use to describe Walker.

Much like Sissoko, Walker is more an athlete than footballer, IMO. Though he is of course a far superior footballer than Sissoko.

When you watch Walker, in an offensive capacity, he really is quite disappointing. And at City - again like Sissoko - he is completely out of his depth compared to his team mates when it comes to basic skill, technique and intelligence.

I rate him as a very good defender, particularly in 1 on 1 situations. And his athleticism means he has remarkable recovery powers when he is (quite frequently) caught out of position.

Attacking? Trippier makes him look silly. And people here barely rate Tripps.
Trippier makes him look silly in attack when it comes to crossing but that's about it - pace power and ability to beat a man is all Walker and short passing is fairly equal between them which makes Walker a much bigger threat in attack, especially in and around the box, even if he isnt the one with the higher assist number.

Trippier makes him look silly in attack when it comes to crossing but that's about it - pace power and ability to beat a man is all Walker and short passing is fairly equal between them which makes Walker a much bigger threat in attack, especially in and around the box, even if he isnt the one with the higher assist number.

Walker is far quicker, but its meaningless when most often it amounts to nothing. His crossing is laughable for a £50m player, and his passing is average at best.

Trippiers crossing is like David Beckham by comparison. And his passing, vision and general intelligence are far superior.

Walker is the better defender, IMO, but in attack its not even remotely close. No matter how quick Walker is.

Walker with his pace, physique, "beat a man"... all of it adds up to actually very little.

In defense? Absolutley. Offense? Much less than you would think.

Trippier whipping the ball in early, putting it through the lines early, playing a peach of a cross... far more meaningful than Walker being quick.

But that's essentially only one aspect of a full backs game you are talking about - crossing in to the box... it's a useful option to have but we've seen fairly often this season how limp we look when teams stop us from taking that route, we pass it sideways and backwards endlessly and lack any meaningful penetration (ooh err)

But that's essentially only one aspect of a full backs game you are talking about - crossing in to the box... it's a useful option to have but we've seen fairly often this season how limp we look when teams stop us from taking that route, we pass it sideways and backwards endlessly and lack any meaningful penetration (ooh err)

Ive been talking about attacking, and Trippier offers many more facets to the attack than Walker who is actually rather limited - albeit rapid.

Pace in and of itself is of very limited use.

As Ive said, defensively I think Walker is the better player.

Personally I liked the balance of having the two, one better forward, one better back - perfect for any occasion.

Back