• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

De Bruyne I will give you 400% and Sterling has gone up but from what I have seen.

But he has also not been able to do with good players what other managers have and has made them worse because he does not have to make all of them better, all replaceable.

I really don't think sterling has got better, he just gets more and better chances to score.

De Bruyne I will give you 400% and Sterling has gone up but from what I have seen.

But he has also not been able to do with good players what other managers have and has made them worse because he does not have to make all of them better, all replaceable.

Honeslty, I dont see improvement.

These are of course extremely expensive top level players, so perhaps there is an argument to say they dont have much room for improvement, but to my eye I dont see any of their squad having improved under Guardiola.

As glasgowspur says, they are playing in a team that affords each of them ample opportunity to thrive - but there is a difference between performing well and actually becoming a better player.

Chelseas De Bruyne was an amazingly talented rookie not given chances, Citys De Bruyne had spent 3 years tearing the Bundesliga a new one before City bought him.

And since being at City, he has been excellent. He hasnt improved under Guardiola, IMO.

Honeslty, I dont see improvement.

These are of course extremely expensive top level players, so perhaps there is an argument to say they dont have much room for improvement, but to my eye I dont see any of their squad having improved under Guardiola.

As glasgowspur says, they are playing in a team that affords each of them ample opportunity to thrive - but there is a difference between performing well and actually becoming a better player.

I was being generous

I think not playing and thus allowing expensive players to fester and fail is criminal for a so called "world class" manager

Not a shock really is it.
The whole thing has been left alone to die a quiet death with no blame attached to city players, management (why is pep allowed to chase after an opposing manager) or fans.
I woud wager the vast majority of the arrests were for city fans.

Also...

Damn fudging right, chippy fans of small clubs having the audacity to pitch invade and attack one of the best players in the world, stay in your fudging box you irrelevant little fudgetards, get in the CL or fudge the fudge off

Why Pep Guardiola gets an easier ride than José Mourinho

In 1974, 60 subjects agreed to take part in an experiment to judge the quality of two essays. Attached to each essay was a photo that they thought was of the author. In fact, the essays had been written by experimenters, and the photos had been selected so that one of the “authors” was physically attractive and the other was not.

What happened? The essay by the attractive author was considered to be significantly more impressive. The readers felt that it was more creative and intelligently argued. There was one small catch, however. The essays were identical in terms of quality and incisiveness. The readers had been swayed not by the content of the arguments but by the photos attached to them.

This study has been replicated so often that it has been given a name: the halo effect. When we judge a person highly on one attribute, such as attractiveness, we are inclined to judge them highly on others, such as competence or morality.

... Pep Guardiola, by common consent the world’s most beautiful manager in terms of how he sets up his teams. You only have to watch Emirates Marketing Project in full stride, the players creating patterns of mesmerising intricacy as they rotate the ball with the first touch, to acknowledge this truth. At Barcelona, Guardiola masterminded the team’s apotheosis in terms of aesthetics. Under the Catalan, the game seems as close to art as it does to sport.

... As one psychologist put it: “You expect better performances from attractive people, but when they fail, you are also more likely to forgive them.”

... what would have happened if it had been Mourinho rather than Guardiola getting involved in a touchline bust-up on Monday night? What would have happened if Mourinho had been carrying on the argument, arms raised, face contorted, in the tunnel? What would have happened if Mourinho had publicly condemned reckless challenges before protesting when one of his players was sent off for just such an offence? Wouldn’t we be pointing out the hypocrisy? Guardiola was neither banned nor particularly criticised for running on to the pitch and gesticulating, albeit in what turned out to be an avuncular way, at Nathan Redmond in a match against Southampton last year.

One doubts, too, that he will receive any meaningful sanction for his actions on Monday night. Guardiola seems immune from criticism more broadly. This is about more than football, of course. The halo effect operates in multiple ways, often giving those who have accumulated moral credits a kind of de facto immunity from legitimate criticism.

With all this talk of the Halo effect been real and something I understand. I do feel we in this country could ruin him. Britain is a miserable horrible place with most of the people in it myself included, only to happy to see people fail and to point out other people's faults.

Let's ruin this cnut, even if he does nothing wrong, lets ruin him, lets destroy his name and reputation lets fudge him the fudge up.

Back