• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Huge slice of luck? Total brain fart more like, if/when walker did that playing for us I don't remember anyone being sanguine about it.
walker + brain fart = been there, done that, thought he'd got that out of his system by now, but no... although he doesn't do it once a game, it's more like every so many games

still one of the best RBs in the EPL

Huge slice of luck? Total brain fart more like, if/when walker did that playing for us I don't remember anyone being sanguine about it.
Yes, that situation was just poor from both Walker and Stones. But City dominated and created a lot of chances. Wigan needed that luck to win regardless of how their goal came. Most days they would have conceded two or three with the chances City were creating.

This. Journalists need to start calling out Guardiola when he talks sh1t. Entitled hipster d1ckhead he is.

He talks brick some of the time but he is bang on about their players needing more protection from the refs. Some of the tackles they have been on the receiving end of this season have been disgraceful.

He talks brick some of the time but he is bang on about their players needing more protection from the refs. Some of the tackles they have been on the receiving end of this season have been disgraceful.

Yes, but then he cries when one of his players is sent off for a bad tackle, ready to berate the officials at half-time. So "protection" is only for his players, not the opposition. That's why he's being a pr1ck about it imo.

Yes, but then he cries when one of his players is sent off for a bad tackle, ready to berate the officials at half-time. So "protection" is only for his players, not the opposition. That's why he's being a pr1ck about it imo.

Like most top managers, he only sees incidents that negatively impact his own team. I still think he is right to highlight some of the tackles they have been on the end of. Sane is still out injured because of one if I'm not mistaken? Even Kane got involved when we played them and got away with a horror tackle.

To be fair to City they absolutely dominated. Even after the moment of madness from Delph they looked in complete control playing 10 against 11. Play that second half 10 times and City will win it most of the time.

Objectively a much better performance than our performance against Rochdale. Took a huge chunk of luck for Wigan to win it. Hilarious as it was.

Agree but we are still in the cup, they are out and I will enjoy that, our performance won't dampen anything

On another note, Peps interview was cringe

Like most top managers, he only sees incidents that negatively impact his own team. I still think he is right to highlight some of the tackles they have been on the end of. Sane is still out injured because of one if I'm not mistaken? Even Kane got involved when we played them and got away with a horror tackle.
Maybe that's a good way of levelling the playing field.

You're allowed to financially dope a club and pay your players whatever you want, but no tackles against your team are cardable offences.

Exactly and the game should not be elitist on these things. His players dish it out hugely thats what people miss out on.

But that's why I'm saying a journalist should call him out on it. They should point out to him that he's asked refs to clamp down on bad tackles, rightly so -- so why is he upset about them following his instructions just because it has been applied to one of his own players?

We know the answer, because like most people in football, he's a hypocrite. But he should be called on it, imo.

He banged on about the Sane and De Bruyne season ending injuries to make the point - Sane was out for two weeks and De Bruyne none.

For all of their great attacking players, I still think their defence isn't all that. Stones is a crap defender, not convinced about their other defenders either. Would be a really stupid decision if we were to let Toby go their for example, we would be strengthening their defence.

For all of their great attacking players, I still think their defence isn't all that. Stones is a crap defender, not convinced about their other defenders either. Would be a really stupid decision if we were to let Toby go their for example, we would be strengthening their defence.
as with all Peps teams its having enough of the ball in dangerous positions in order to exploit them.

We tried to push up (away from home) and their GK had a blinder, 60 yard pinging the ball - slightly annoying that against Liverpool he cleared straight to Salah.

Warnock calling him out is funny if slightly hypocritical, but he is right. Also Warnock does it to eek out every ounce he can get out of limited resources and gain an advantage, Pep already has that advantage - most money - best team - board backing and in some ways big club league protection which makes it all the more embarrassing.

If Moyes moans I can kind of get that, harder deck to deal with yet he has a reputation of being a moany feck.....yet Pep does it with a jumper and a trendy beard and its all good, although for me its worse as it is with Bourinho.

But that's why I'm saying a journalist should call him out on it. They should point out to him that he's asked refs to clamp down on bad tackles, rightly so -- so why is he upset about them following his instructions just because it has been applied to one of his own players?

We know the answer, because like most people in football, he's a hypocrite. But he should be called on it, imo.

indeed, but all managers get away with it, no one pulled up Wenger on his comments about refs whilst ignoring the shocking decisions they got against us at the emirates and nobody called out klopp on his views regarding the tapping up of Coutinho whilst he did exactly the same to van dijk

Pep had a golden opportunity to emphasise his point yesterday. He could have backed the red card and said this the sort of tackle he objects to, regardless of who does it. Instead he reverted to the typical selective of manager, which is easy to dismiss because of obvious bias.

Back