• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

I'm a little bit disappointed that Edwards hasn't even made the bench yet. I guess the experience of being out there will help him, but surely not playing is not.

Beginning to wonder if he's beyond help, having watched some of the Norwich game I wouldn't think he'll get a game with Madison playing as its too much of a gamble for the manager.

I'm a little bit disappointed that Edwards hasn't even made the bench yet. I guess the experience of being out there will help him, but surely not playing is not.
Yeah Edwards has been injured and is working his way back.... no need to stick the knife in just yet lads

Not sticking the knife in. Just saying that not playing football is not helping him.
Or it could be helping him massively?.... This stint may help the player realise that even at a second level club such as Norwich talent alone isn't enough to get you into the first team. Only training hard, proving yourself worth a place and then playing responsibly will get you into a first team. If Edwards comes back from Norwich at the end of this season knowing that first hand then it could be fantastic for his career.

Its always a real shame when you see players at this age leave the clubs where they've developed - feels like more often than not they're being badly advised. If you're 16-19 and doing well at the club which you're at, why risk changing club which means to need to get used to a new coaching set-up, establish your reputation again, etc etc, and that's even before you throw in a move abroad.

We've obviously had players like Parrett and Bostock join us under those circumstances and there's many many more cases which have gone south (eg Ravel Morrison) - can't help feel thats its all for some short-term £££, but reduces the chances of them having a successful career

Its always a real shame when you see players at this age leave the clubs where they've developed - feels like more often than not they're being badly advised. If you're 16-19 and doing well at the club which you're at, why risk changing club which means to need to get used to a new coaching set-up, establish your reputation again, etc etc, and that's even before you throw in a move abroad.

We've obviously had players like Parrett and Bostock join us under those circumstances and there's many many more cases which have gone south (eg Ravel Morrison) - can't help feel thats its all for some short-term £££, but reduces the chances of them having a successful career
True but it probably depends more on the attitude of the player himself. Bale was still 17 when he arrived from Southampton; Lennon had just turned 18 and Rose was 17 (albeit when their club Leeds was in desperate straits financially) but each applied himself and reaped the rewards in the long term.

No player at that age is guaranteed to make it and have a top level football career so you can understand them moving if there is a significant difference in terms of the money offered to stay or to move. I'm not sure that there is necessarily much of a difference in the likelihood of a player making it or not depending on whether he stays at the club who have trained him until that point or moves on.

Being Devils Advocate here. But young players get a lot of money and a lot of spare time. If an English player is taken out of his comfort zone it could help him improve as well as take him away from the distraction of friends and family. I feel a lot more European players are more professional at that age than the English guys. Kane and Bale have shown with hard work you can push on really quickly.

That said! is this guy any good or just a stats fluffy bunnies cuddling for a young player. Would have to see Mitchell robbing of us our young players.

Lee Barnard got a lot of goals at youth level, no sure sign of making it.

With our trouble with strikers if I was a young player I would stay at spurs as I think you would have a good shot at making it.

Disappointing, although I'm suprised to see a youngster from this country being linked with a move abroad.

Has he been with us for a while or is he like Azzaoui who just spent a short amount of time here?

Disappointing, although I'm suprised to see a youngster from this country being linked with a move abroad.

Has he been with us for a while or is he like Azzaoui who just spent a short amount of time here?

Joined us from Leyton Orient at 14.

Why does it surprise you? More and more young British players are moving abroad as they don't see a 1st team pathway over here.

Joined us from Leyton Orient at 14.

Why does it surprise you? More and more young British players are moving abroad as they don't see a 1st team pathway over here.

It is going to be harder for Poch to give youngsters a chance in the first team with it being such a big focus to get into the top 4. I think Walker-Peters would have been given a shot this season if Poch had the same expectations as he had at Southampton.

From being a good club for talent to break through at I think it will be harder for us now.

It is going to be harder for Poch to give youngsters a chance in the first team with it being such a big focus to get into the top 4. I think Walker-Peters would have been given a shot this season if Poch had the same expectations as he had at Southampton.

From being a good club for talent to break through at I think it will be harder for us now.

True

I still think KWP will over take Aurier

True

I still think KWP will over take Aurier

Well I hope so, I would like the promoting of young players to become a part of our DNA, no matter how much the new stadium changes our finances. To be a club that promotes youth players and shows patience with them is a good ideal and a bit like Ajax a club I respect would be a great thing for us. Save the money for the odd big name purchases and giving industry level wages. But I would like to see 5-6 academy produced players in the squad at the least.

Back