• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Nothing wrong with running on the pitch and having fun imo, it was an historic result for them. But why some people have to turn that into behaving like qunts, I don't know. As usual, a few will ruin it for everyone else.

Oh, and Aguerro did nothing wrong imo, the taco who gobbed at him did.

Do we know someone gobbed at him, or is it rumour?

There's a distinct lack of stewards in any of the post match footage I've seen. There were police in front of the City fans but I would have expected to see stewards getting in between players and fans on the pitch in at least an attempt to get the players off safely.

Wigan will have to get a fine. Reckon a 2 match ban for Aguero reduced to 1 on appeal.

It's a shame as it has taken the edge off what was a great evening for Wigan and distracted attention away from Pep's half time antics. Hopefully the ref mentions this in his report.

Do we know someone gobbed at him, or is it rumour?

I think it's just a rumour. The tweet I posted on the previous page refers to a "reliable" journalist claiming the fan spat at Aguero. I'm not convinced, just because I don't think Aguero's reaction was anywhere near strong enough for someone who had been spat at.

I think it's just a rumour. The tweet I posted on the previous page refers to a "reliable" journalist claiming the fan spat at Aguero. I'm not convinced, just because I don't think Aguero's reaction was anywhere near strong enough for someone who had been spat at.

I agree, I also think if the fan had more people would have went for him. No one likes to spitting.

What an absolute clam, should be banned for life from attending football matches.

Wigan should get a hefty fine for the pitch invasion too, what is wrong with people.

I’m all for Aguero standing up for himself, he shouldn’t have to put up with that.

I have some sympathy for Aguero as well. Players who are desperate to win, as he would be, will be on the edge straight after the final whistle so for Wigan to have inadequate stewarding in place such that idiots run on to the pitch and up to the players is wholly inappropriate and they should be fined heavily. Agree with your views on that idiot as well

We are playing the Semi and final at “home” this season.

We will be favourites.

Are you aware that we have lost our last 7 FA cup semi finals? Yes Emirates Marketing Project going out is GREAT NEWS and we are certainly one of the favourites but United and Chelsea will be favourites ahead of us.

He pushes the fan away, which seems fair enough imo. It's the going back after him that could cause him problems.

(Kid at end having a go a the camera man for filming! Get off the pitch then if you don't want to be filmed).

Slo-mo version.
Shouldnt the managers get their players off the pitch ASAP if their has been a pitch invasion? Or was Pep too busy lambasting the ref?

I have some sympathy for Aguero as well. Players who are desperate to win, as he would be, will be on the edge straight after the final whistle so for Wigan to have inadequate stewarding in place such that idiots run on to the pitch and up to the players is wholly inappropriate and they should be fined heavily. Agree with your views on that idiot as well

Completely agree. The pitch/field/court is for the athletes, not for the fans. Remain in the stands where you belong.

What an absolute clam, should be banned for life from attending football matches.

Wigan should get a hefty fine for the pitch invasion too, what is wrong with people.

I’m all for Aguero standing up for himself, he shouldn’t have to put up with that.

I agree the fan is a clam and should be banned. Pitch invasions are part of football, whether they should be is a moot point. It was obvious that was going to happen last night when it became likely that Wigan would win; both City and Wigan officials failed to prepare for it and to ensure their players' safety. Wigan should get fined for that.

On Aguero, he is within his rights to defend himself but where he may find himself in trouble is going after the fan who was moving away. That would be the same as anyone on the street who finds themselves in a fight.

All it takes is is one of those 'lads' to have a knife, then there is a real problem.
Prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Wigan were endangering the players by not controlling the crowd.
Just because its Wigan's fans we are forgetting City have a responsibility to their players too. Didnt see City officials doing any thing to protect their players either. Too busy licking their self entitled gonad*s

Sadly the furore over the pitch invasion has taken attention away from Wigan's tremendous achievement of derailing, if just for a moment, the City juggernaut. There was something magical about it and I wish Wigan well except against us. Showed a passion and heart missing in the PL this season when facing City. Also what a graceless clamish club city have become under Guardiola, almost on a par with Chelsea.

Just because its Wigan's fans we are forgetting City have a responsibility to their players too. Didnt see City officials doing any thing to protect their players either. Too busy licking their self entitled gonads

Nothing to do with any particular club, all players on that pitch last night was in danger.
Whether it be stupid wigan or city fan the home club must stop them coming on the pitch.
If we dont stop pitch invasion then we risk going back to the dark ages and fences!
All it would need is an attack on a star player and the overation would be typical and unprecedented.

Nothing to do with any particular club, all players on that pitch last night was in danger.
Whether it be stupid wigan or city fan the home club must stop them coming on the pitch.
If we dont stop pitch invasion then we risk going back to the dark ages and fences!
All it would need is an attack on a star player and the overation would be typical and unprecedented.
That's true - I was wincing last night when I saw fans celebrating by jumping and landing with their arms around a player's neck. Wouldn't take a lot to put one out for a season.

All it takes is is one of those 'lads' to have a knife, then there is a real problem.
Prepare for the worse and hope for the best. Wigan were endangering the players by not controlling the crowd.

Indeed. With all the emotions involved in a football game, the alcohol fuelled fans, the shouting of abuse - while mostly it's just banter and an integral part of the football atmosphere, there are enough fanatics out there who might cross the line if they get an opportunity. Hooligans, anyone? Sneaking a knife into the stadium isn't really that hard; my guess is it would be even easier at lower league games.

I fully understand players who react angrily at opposition fans who enter the pitch and approach them. It's a very unpredictable situation to be in, when a drunk stranger comes up to you, touching you, possibly shouting abuse in your face. I believe most pf these fans were probably just happy for the win and wanted to celebrate on the pitch, but as a City player, you never know if it is someone with good intentions or not.

Which is why - from the footage - I don't think Agüero should be punished. Although he might be for charging after that fan, but you'd have to look into the context of the whole situation before making that decision.

Indeed. With all the emotions involved in a football game, the alcohol fuelled fans, the shouting of abuse - while mostly it's just banter and an integral part of the football atmosphere, there are enough fanatics out there who might cross the line if they get an opportunity. Hooligans, anyone? Sneaking a knife into the stadium isn't really that hard; my guess is it would be even easier at lower league games.

I fully understand players who react angrily at opposition fans who enter the pitch and approach them. It's a very unpredictable situation to be in, when a drunk stranger comes up to you, touching you, possibly shouting abuse in your face. I believe most pf these fans were probably just happy for the win and wanted to celebrate on the pitch, but as a City player, you never know if it is someone with good intentions or not.

Which is why - from the footage - I don't think Agüero should be punished. Although he might be for charging after that fan, but you'd have to look into the context of the whole situation before making that decision.

Ok, look at the context of Wigan knocking the greatest football team to ever at the game in England out of the greatest domestic cup of them all, does that not mitigate for the excitement of a pitch invasion?
It's almost traditional in these upsets.

Back