• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

But we would be strengthening a rival like we did with selling Walker to Emirates Marketing Project. That's a big reason why Bayern have signed so many players from Dortmund in recent years, not only to strengthen their team but to weaken a rival.

If our business model is developing youngsters, selling them at vast profit and reinvesting the proceeds in the next batch, we are doing that model a lot of damage if we refuse to sell to rivals. I think that the trick is selling at the right moment, in the knowledge that they are buying a depreciating asset.

Davies is a good player, but Rose at his best is a better player. Whether he'll get back to his best remains to be seen. For the moment, I'd keep Davies first choice. They are both nasty bastards imo, Davies is a bit less vocal but he loves crashing into a player with a tackle. And I like that.

And therein lies the rub because he has not been at his best since January 2017 prior to his initial injury, since then Davies has played an integral part in the nest defence of last season and this season has performed better than Rose in general.

Full backs are hard to predict. Lahm and Alves were still the best in the world at 33YO. Rose is only 27

Walker also had a chronic condition, whereas Rose's seems more like impact knocks.

But Alves can no longer defend for toffee. Sure he gets away with it in France but against quality offensive unit he gets found out

At his best Rose may be a quality player but instead of playing football he has been injured most of the time and whinging about what he is worth

I like rose and if he just stuck to doing what he’s best at then he would be back in the team. But his head is gone and with his injury record he needs to be paid more as he won’t have that long a career- I think we should have moved him on and bought in someone else either as first choice or back up- not that there are obvious replacements.

I like rose and if he just stuck to doing what he’s best at then he would be back in the team. But his head is gone and with his injury record he needs to be paid more as he won’t have that long a career- I think we should have moved him on and bought in someone else either as first choice or back up- not that there are obvious replacements.

He's a good player, who is coming back from injury after hitting the best form of his career. In-between he had to deal with the hype train re him & Walker and most likely stupid agent talk about money, money, money.

Personally I don't think Rose is that natural a player, think he needs to work his ass off to be his best. So to your point, he needs to focus, get back game time and prove he is the player he was for a season or so.

For the club, a lot is on Sessegnon, if we have a shot at him, could see us moving Rose on, leveraging Davies in interim until Sessegnon steps up. But good FBs are rare, so Rose may still have a long role to play.

At least Rose and Davies are actually good at winning the ball.

I remember the late 80s days of the Fenwick and van den Hauwe partnership, who were just clumsy brick meatheads (and sadly succeeded the much more cultured Hughton and Thomas pairing)

Our worse pairing of FB"s i have seen at the lane, as for Rose i think Davies is better and would not miss Rose at all.

Tangentially - I just saw Walker make a massive mistake, to gift an FA Cup match to Wigan. City are out of the FA Cup due to a typical Walker brainfart. £50m well spent.

I don't know if Rose will get back to his best (the best in The Prem) or not, as I don't talk to him very often.

The kid Bennetts does seem to be dynamic and score a lot for U23s, but no idea how good he is in a real game.

If our business model is developing youngsters, selling them at vast profit and reinvesting the proceeds in the next batch, we are doing that model a lot of damage if we refuse to sell to rivals. I think that the trick is selling at the right moment, in the knowledge that they are buying a depreciating asset.

Yep that is what I was thinking as well as buying someone Poch has said several times he enjoys working with.

Tangentially - I just saw Walker make a massive mistake, to gift an FA Cup match to Wigan. City are out of the FA Cup due to a typical Walker brainfart. £50m well spent.

I don't know if Rose will get back to his best (the best in The Prem) or not, as I don't talk to him very often.

The kid Bennetts does seem to be dynamic and score a lot for U23s, but no idea how good he is in a real game.

Was he the one who played for the German youth team as a youngster? feel he could have done with a loan similar to Amos, go out there play games really does help quicken their development.

I think Rose is actually better than Walker. But both very good players. Rose will possibly go in the summer, but we should try and keep him for another season or two if we can.

Last edited:
Rose could genuinely not have played this any worse, fudge me what a macaronic move.

Whether his sentiments were right or not, he has bumbled along all season, barely appearing, picking up his wages while contributing very little and is now in serious danger of not going to the world cup. I doubt either of the Manchester clubs are currently too interested in him tbh.

He'll need to really step it up next season.

At least Rose and Davies are actually good at winning the ball.

I remember the late 80s days of the Fenwick and van den Hauwe partnership, who were just clumsy brick meatheads (and sadly succeeded the much more cultured Hughton and Thomas pairing)

It may be because I'm still a little tinkled from yesterday but this bit really made me smile:

Clumsy brick meatheads - not only would it be a great band name but the three different insults just work so well together for those two players

Rose could genuinely not have played this any worse, fudge me what a macaronic move.

Whether his sentiments were right or not, he has bumbled along all season, barely appearing, picking up his wages while contributing very little and is now in serious danger of not going to the world cup. I doubt either of the Manchester clubs are currently too interested in him tbh.

He'll need to really step it up next season.

Could argue it’s hurt the club as much as him as some games he could have played he hasn’t... and he may (may) have made a difference

Back