• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Swansea and Wednesday could've just chanced their arms a bit, if they were so keen to settle it on the day? I only saw the highlights, but I don't remember either team pouring men forward looking for a winner.

There's nothing suspect about the draw. If I told you lot I'd taken a coin and tossed it 8 times, and got THHTTHHT (or the exact opposite, or any other combination that had every second toss come up different to the one before it), would you think there was something suspicious? That draw was no more improbable (even less so, in fact, because once you've drawn the home side, the probability that the away side will be from the other side of the tracks is then higher than not, unlike the coin-toss case). If you think about a semi-final draw with a 50-50 split as well, you will see that you'd expect the two big sides to be kept apart about 2/3 of the time (it depends only on the 2nd ball drawn, with the odds at 2/1 regardless).
If home advantage and match order are both considered irrelevant then there are 105 different ways in which 8 teams can be drawn against each other. 24 of those combinations would have led to the bigger 4 teams being drawn against the smaller 4 - a probability of around 23%.

Incidentally, the probability of tossing a coin 8 times and every second coin toss being different to the one before it is quite a bit lower at 6.25%.

If home advantage and match order are both considered irrelevant then there are 105 different ways in which 8 teams can be drawn against each other. 24 of those combinations would have led to the bigger 4 teams being drawn against the smaller 4 - a probability of around 23%.

Incidentally, the probability of tossing a coin 8 times and every second coin toss being different to the one before it is quite a bit lower at 6.25%.

I know, that was my point -- yet no-one would think it looked unusual. :)

Last edited:
I am keeping an eye on Powell tonight for Wigan, he is one I think could do a job for us as a back up to Kane. Would be similar to Lambert and Rodriguez was for Poch at Southampton.

More interesting now with City down to ten men. Looked harsh to me, thought it was a yellow. Still, Guardiola will no doubt act like a complete tool about it.

Don’t know how that can question it being a red?? Studs up, foot off the turf and sliding out of control?

More interesting now with City down to ten men. Looked harsh to me, thought it was a yellow. Still, Guardiola will no doubt act like a complete tool about it.
Studs up straight leg is a dangerous tackle. It is not an outrageous decision.

When Guardiola is acting the fool, I'd love someone just to say to him "who do you think you're talking to you little qunt?" He really does get on my tits.

Back