• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Another desperately poor performance from him. The replay will hopefully be his last start of the season. Given he turns 33 in a week or so, we need to be bringing in a young CF in the summer

I have my reservations about Aurier, I'm not a big fan of Sissoko -- but I think that we only have one genuinely poor player in our squad and that is Llorente. At least the other two I mentioned play as if they give a phuck, this half-sedated giraffe just ambles around the pitch before getting subbed and taking a nap. Useless.

I still am completely confused how we did not take Chelsea's offer for him with both hands! Even a loan would have been a great move. If anything it would have weakened them.

I still am completely confused how we did not take Chelsea's offer for him with both hands! Even a loan would have been a great move. If anything it would have weakened them.

Presumably because we couldn't get in any cover but the fact that he didn't make the bench against Arsenal or Juve makes it pretty clear where he is in the pecking order.

Swapping him for Janssen hasn’t improved us this season or next, we’d have been better off using these games to further integrate the Belgian.

Kind of agree with most of the vitriol. But...he hasn't had many starts to get into a rhythm, and has shown in his career he can score and be effective. He's played in rotated sides and not had a huge amount of service, but granted he's shown nothing of note, looked clumsy and slow. But we may yet need him. He can come good. Whether a sub goal or covering Kane, we need to back him to play better - because he can.

Kind of agree with most of the vitriol. But...he hasn't had many starts to get into a rhythm, and has shown in his career he can score and be effective. He's played in rotated sides and not had a huge amount of service, but granted he's shown nothing of note, looked clumsy and slow. But we may yet need him. He can come good. Whether a sub goal or covering Kane, we need to back him to play better - because he can.

The theory makes sense, but he has been poor, and looked poor.

Guess we will be back to buying a backup striker come summer.

I wrote this in the match thread........

Would we really be any worse off if we used a kid from the youths as a back up to Harry?

Sterling? Harrison? Loft?......if fit Harry will play the majority of games. So for the odd game he wont why not just play a youth striker

Would we really be any worse off if we used a kid from the youths as a back up to Harry?

Sterling? Harrison? Loft?......if fit Harry will play the majority of games. So for the odd game he wont why not just play a youth striker

Probably not
Arguably they would be more mobile
My wheelie bin is more mobile to be fair

The way he plays I think we would be better playing with 10 players. Was so happy when we got this guy but what a disappointment..

The problem I think he brings is similar to Janssen - he's a CF who generally plays with his back to the goal and look to get his head on crosses. However we need someone with better movement - doesnt necessarily need to be lightening quick, but able to make intelligent runs and move

Sterling is the best of the 3 but he's small and I'm not sure where he'd fit in our system

Sterling is the best of the 3 but he's small and I'm not sure where he'd fit in our system

He would fit better than Llorente, that's for sure

I have nothing against Llorente, nor against Janssen.....their problem is Harry and as a result literally no decent game time

It will be the same for whoever we bring in. It is the same at Barca and Real with Messi and Ronaldo. Neither club has an like for like back up.

So imo the best solution is to use a youth striker when we need to. He will be used to the systems and styles of play that Poch has implemented at the club. Plus he will be genuinely keen to impress when given a chance.

It's his lack of effort that winds me up....that light jog he does whilst everyone else is sprinting. At least Janssen worked hard!

He would fit better than Llorente, that's for sure

I have nothing against Llorente, nor against Janssen.....their problem is Harry and as a result literally no decent game time

It will be the same for whoever we bring in. It is the same at Barca and Real with Messi and Ronaldo. Neither club has an like for like back up.

So imo the best solution is to use a youth striker when we need to. He will be used to the systems and styles of play that Poch has implemented at the club. Plus he will be genuinely keen to impress when given a chance.
He probably wouldn't.... I think he would look lost. There is a massive difference between youth football and PL football.

Of all the options we have tried over the last few seasons Son has looked the most able stand in for Harry. Now that we have Moura, I wonder whether we can push Son up front when giving Harry a rest.

Back