• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Rochdale OMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah. he's what, 33 and will be shipped out in the summer?

i understand the rational behind signing him, but it hasnt worked. if he was showing effort and character itd be one thing, but he isnt even willing to put himself about.

there is nothing to gain from giving him more appearances. if kane were to get injured, we'd be better off with moura, son, alli or lamela up there, or going without a striker.

Not easy to step into a the team once every few months, and play with a rotated team who are not used to playing together. I agree he's been pants. But not fair to judge him without a run of games. Though thankfully he hasn't had the chance for a run of games! He showed last season he can lead the line and score. Agree next season we need a young hungry technical forward as backup.

I think it’s just a case of when you play a team of players that never play together in a game they don’t click properly. And that’s just not us it’s any team...

Most of the players have played together quite a lot though. Foyth hasn’t but he was one of our better players. Wanyama knows the system well. It’s really only Llorente that can’t be said to have played that much with these players, and Moura of course but he played well.

I think it’s more a pattern of underperformance from squad players generally under Poch, not just in these cup ties. But look at Janssen last year. Look at Wimmer last year.

Not easy to step into a the team once every few months, and play with a rotated team who are not used to playing together. I agree he's been pants. But not fair to judge him without a run of games. Though thankfully he hasn't had the chance for a run of games! He showed last season he can lead the line and score. Agree next season we need a young hungry technical forward as backup.

I kind of agree that it isn't easy, but then Moura comes in, has hardly played for PSG this season and barely knows any of his team-mates here, and he played really well. Sometimes, players are just sh1t for the team and Llorente is one of them.

Rochdale had 7 players in and around the box when they scored. We had 4. Sloppy team work. Lamela, Alli, Son were all ball watching.

Rochdale pushed men forward and was rewarded with a replay at Wembley. They deserved it.

Moura was MOTM today.

What do you think our mean level is? The only PL team that I think is clearly better than us is City. Whilst we have had a great run of results, I think that they are on par rather than us exceeding ourselves. The last couple our years we have stepped up a level from Christmas onwards, so I have been expecting this from the autumn.

Not disagreeing but this is Spurs we are talking about... No matter how much we have improved, we are still always liable for a fudge up. Tuesday's first 10 minutes is a testament to that. So I try to see the glass as half full after games like this. If anything, it serves to temper the disappointment...

Not disagreeing but this is Spurs we are talking about... No matter how much we have improved, we are still always liable for a fudge up. Tuesday's first 10 minutes is a testament to that. So I try to see the glass as half full after games like this. If anything, it serves to temper the disappointment...

It is nothing to do with Spurs, all teams get the odd duff result, we just pay more attention to ours.

I kind of agree that it isn't easy, but then Moura comes in, has hardly played for PSG this season and barely knows any of his team-mates here, and he played really well. Sometimes, players are just sh1t for the team and Llorente is one of them.

Strikers need to be in the rhythm of scoring. Without it, their confidence drops. Moura is clearly on another level though.

Disagree with you completely. We don't need Wanyama, Winks, Toby, Moura and Rose to be fresh... we need them to be match fit; which they clearly are not - because there is no way the first three in that list can play so crap.

Sure there was a small risk with the likes of Kane but that is football...
We need them if there are injuries.

Without them we're only one injury from Sissoko

Strikers need to be in the rhythm of scoring. Without it, their confidence drops. Moura is clearly on another level though.
By all accounts he was last season too. It’s just this season he has fallen out of favour...luckily as it provided an opportunity for us to sign him. I know it’s Rochdale but today he looked like he could be a bargain. Reminded me of What we have been missing since Lennon left,

Same old, same old.

Question, have we come back from a goal down to win any game this season?

Thankfully, the last minute goal wasnt their winner. We live to fight another day - by the skin of our teeth!

Most of the players have played together quite a lot though. Foyth hasn’t but he was one of our better players. Wanyama knows the system well. It’s really only Llorente that can’t be said to have played that much with these players, and Moura of course but he played well.

I think it’s more a pattern of underperformance from squad players generally under Poch, not just in these cup ties. But look at Janssen last year. Look at Wimmer last year.
I do t think they have, how often is our midfield Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko, Son and Moura with Llorente up front? The fact is when a team makes more than a couple of changes you never get that fluidity, you can integrate a couple of squad players into the first eleven but you make several changes and you never get the same level of performance...

To be fair I am not fussed about a replay, this lot of fringe players don't lose anything by playing again and for my money they need these games to prove they are up for it or not. Make or break

I do t think they have, how often is our midfield Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko, Son and Moura with Llorente up front? The fact is when a team makes more than a couple of changes you never get that fluidity, you can integrate a couple of squad players into the first eleven but you make several changes and you never get the same level of performance...

But then Moura has played with them the least and was the best player.

I'm very pleased we have a replay, I love watching Spurs and am pleased I get to see them again!

Also it is very valuable game time for the reserves.

I was thinking "these are the reserves, many working their way back from injury, no wonder they are so disjointed" but dza makes a great point above... Moura was a level above, straight away, after hardly playing all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back