• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2017/18

Id agree that lower league loans are more about the experience than they are performance based
Yes, plenty of players say "I was only a kid, surrounded by superstars, then when I went to play for bricky FC suddenly the players were saying 'we better stay up or I'll lose my house' and 'if we don't win my glamour wife will leave me and I'll be out on the streets' so I suddenly realised that this is real life, it really matters".

UEFA Youth League - Round of 16

We play Monaco at Stevenage's Lamex Stadium on Wednesday 21 February, kick-off 12.45pm (UK time).

The round of 16 clash, a one-off, single-leg tie, will be broadcast live on BT Sport.

Tickets for the game will be priced at £5 for adults and £2 for concessions – available either at the stadium on the day or via Stevenage's ticketing website.

The winners will be at home to either FC Porto or Red Bull Salzburg in the quarter-finals.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...uth-league-round-of-16-date-confirmed-120218/

UEFA Youth League - Round of 16

We play Monaco at Stevenage's Lamex Stadium on Wednesday 21 February, kick-off 12.45pm (UK time).

The round of 16 clash, a one-off, single-leg tie, will be broadcast live on BT Sport.

Tickets for the game will be priced at £5 for adults and £2 for concessions – available either at the stadium on the day or via Stevenage's ticketing website.

The winners will be at home to either FC Porto or Red Bull Salzburg in the quarter-finals.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...uth-league-round-of-16-date-confirmed-120218/
Thanks mate, I will work from home that day!

The U18s beat Arsenal 4-1 in the semi final of the U18 PL Cup, Griffiths x3 and P.Maghoma got the goals.

We now face Chelsea again, in the final.

That Griffiths guy isnt mean to be half-decent isn't he? Anyone seen him play?

Will they have a team of giants like they had last year?

That was actually my last time at the lane.

They have a good mix of smaller technical types and then a few bigger physical/athletic players. They're just incredibly good at this level and have been for years now, will be very difficult to beat them.

I've seen him a lot but still don't really know what to think of him. He's a powerful player and has a good instinct of where to be but just the way he moves both with and without the ball looks a bit unnatural, it's difficult to explain. He was apparently a defender up until he was 14/15 so he's still a bit rough around the edges technically but he's certainly effective - he's got 21 in 25 this season.

Not yet. But hopefully we'll get the chance to see him Wednesday lunchtime .. ??

Wednesday 21st February 2018
Tottenham Hotspur U19 v Monaco U19
UEFA Youth League Last-16
12:45
BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD

They have a good mix of smaller technical types and then a few bigger physical/athletic players. They're just incredibly good at this level and have been for years now, will be very difficult to beat them.

I've seen him a lot but still don't really know what to think of him. He's a powerful player and has a good instinct of where to be but just the way he moves both with and without the ball looks a bit unnatural, it's difficult to explain. He was apparently a defender up until he was 14/15 so he's still a bit rough around the edges technically but he's certainly effective - he's got 21 in 25 this season.

Every time I see a Chelsea prospect they fit into two categories ... little skilful players or big beasts

What I think hurts them development wise is they don’t get taught how to be flexible in their play.

It’s something I noticed in the youth world cups. Chelsea players played in an almost robot like way and repeated it

It wins you youth trophies but doesn’t teach players how to play

I'm a little bit disappointed that Edwards hasn't even made the bench yet. I guess the experience of being out there will help him, but surely not playing is not.

Back