• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

You make a couple of important points. In the present climate, it would be impossible to "give" West Ham the stadium (they can't afford to buy, so it would have to be a gift, even if dressed up as a purchase). But over time the level of scrutiny will decline. In a decade the thinking could be very different, especially if new owners are pleading the case. I think there is a very good chance that West Ham will eventually get ownership.

However, you also point out that they would need to knock it down and rebuild it for it to work as a football stadium. Clearly they cannot afford to do this so continuing with the lease might be best for the club. This, though, might not be in the best interests of the owners, who might consider ownership of the stadium increases the value of their asset. The fans could get shafted again, having to pay something to buy the stadium (a token payment on a billion pound stadium is still a lot of money), while not getting the improvements they need as spectators.

Regardless, I find it hard to believe that the current unsatisfactory arrangement can last the length of the lease. It's not good for the tax payer or the fans.

Exactly, people have short memories and most people not involved in football don't care. Everyone in a position of power are looking short-term and expect to move on to a bigger job in 5 years, decisions made before they were involved count for nothing, it's just a matter on managing public opinion and image. I'm sure someone could come up with a good fiscal agrument of removing the longterm tax burden on the public by passing ownership to West Ham along with development money.

When British athletics move to Brum after the commonwealth games will be when we will really know what will happen.

2020 commonwealth games.

2022 No athelitics at the Olympic stadium.

I think aroumd 2024 west ham will be looking to buy it or move out to the thames gateway. But by then they will be in the conference with any luck.

Don’t know much about the cable car but I think it looks pretty good doesn’t it? Interesting way to get to the O2?

We actually went across on it just for the fun of it, which is half the point. It is a fun thing, very few people use it for transport in their daily lives. Same as the garden bridge I would rather that money went to improving transport for people in London in the most efficient manner possible.

Don’t know much about the cable car but I think it looks pretty good doesn’t it? Interesting way to get to the O2?
I can't resist - I have a list of them the most obvious (in addition to the cable car from nowhere & the bridge * see Heatherwick Studios) -

Boris Buses with the jump on jump off that is always closed as they wont pay for ticket inspectors and the windows cant be opened.
The giant slide at the Olympic park although donated is a tax drain.
Boris Bikes, most other major cities they are revenue generating.

We actually went across on it just for the fun of it, which is half the point. It is a fun thing, very few people use it for transport in their daily lives. Same as the garden bridge I would rather that money went to improving transport for people in London in the most efficient manner possible.

The thing is, unless you want to go to Excel, its completely useless.

We did it just for the hell of doing it, like you. Thought it was quite fun. But as a "service" its in chocolate teapot territory.

As a tourist thing it would have been better on the southbank somewhere.

So yes, its basically pointless.

I can't resist - I have a list of them the most obvious (in addition to the cable car from nowhere & the bridge * see Heatherwick Studios) -

Boris Buses with the jump on jump off that is always closed as they wont pay for ticket inspectors and the windows cant be opened.
The giant slide at the Olympic park although donated is a tax drain.
Boris Bikes, most other major cities they are revenue generating.

The water cannons which May was never going to allow the Met to use. What a fudging idiot that man is.

£10M looking into the Estuary Airport that could never be built.

But to be fair, a successful conspiracy with Darius Guppy to have a journalist beaten. So there's that, even if Stuart Collier emerged unscathed and an associate of Guppy's was taping the call. Let's call it 50/50.

Now boris wants to build a bridge to france.

I am all for boasting trade, but i heard the best thing was another tunnel but purely for freight.

Would love us to be a forward looking trading nation, but some of that mans ideas are plain stupid.

Now boris wants to build a bridge to france.

I am all for boasting trade, but i heard the best thing was another tunnel but purely for freight.

Would love us to be a forward looking trading nation, but some of that mans ideas are plain stupid.
that wasn't an idea it was a brain fart, he then has to double down so he looks less idiotic - I suspect the same with the Estuary Airport.

I hadn't realised this:

From 2000 said:
SPURS fans planning a mass protest against Sir Alan Sugar at tomorrow's game with Liverpool will be happy to learn that he is now prepared to sell the club - but the financial position at Tottenham is not as healthy as they might wish.

The `Save our Spurs' group will distribute around 20,000 leaflets to fans urging them to keep the pressure on Sugar to sell up at White Hart Lane.

In fact, Sugar has been in contact - through third parties - with David Sullivan, the owner of Birmingham City, and is believed to be moderating his demands for a controlling interest in the club.

On Sunday, Sugar issued a statement indicating that he wanted Sullivan to pay £1.40p per share, which would value Tottenham at nearly £140 million, more than double the current Stock Market valuation of £61 million.

The initial contact came with Sullivan just before Tottenham played Birmingham in the third round of the Worthington Cup, which resulted in a humiliating 3-1 defeat at home. Both Sugar and Sullivan were in the Tottenham boardroom, enjoying the splendid hospitality the home team normally offer.

Sugar, I understand, approached Sullivan and said he understood that he wanted to buy Tottenham. Sullivan simply did not respond.

But as the Tottenham drama develops, Sullivan's next move will be eagerly debated by those protesting fans at White Lane tomorrow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...Sugar-ready-to-sell-as-Spurs-debts-climb.html

Sullivan. :eek:

Could you imagine!?

I'd rather not, thanks all the same.

Next time you hear/read anyone moaning about Levy/ENIC, there's your but-for-the-grace-of-Ghod, what-might-have-been, alternative.

And talking of protests, are Spams still having their protest march on 10 March? Now that they are doing marginally better I wonder how many will turn out for it.

Back