• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Rochdale OMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money is tight in the lower leagues. The ground keeping and irrigation required to meet modern standards is expensive.

It's a question of bad management, the pitch is fundamental to the business, they have had to postpone at least 3 matches this year, there will be lost of earnings and costs involved. We are continually brain washed that this is a business and any good business looks after its assets.

It's a question of bad management, the pitch is fundamental to the business, they have had to postpone at least 3 matches this year, there will be lost of earnings and costs involved. We are continually brain washed that this is a business and any good business looks after its assets.

The Football League should allow 3G pitches, then this would not be a problem.

Rochdale training on the newly relaid pitch yesterday:

pitch-15.jpg
And some video footage...

Money is tight in the lower leagues. The ground keeping and irrigation required to meet modern standards is expensive.

Indeed, there should be some kind of eligibility clause for the domestic cups though, they don't let conference winners in the league if their stadium isn't up to scratch, which is kinda the same thing.

Also, did I dream it, or have lower league teams flipped games to the better ground before?

Indeed, there should be some kind of eligibility clause for the domestic cups though, they don't let conference winners in the league if their stadium isn't up to scratch, which is kinda the same thing.

Also, did I dream it, or have lower league teams flipped games to the better ground before?

That's why I support allowing artificial pitches in the Football League again. They have come on leaps and bounds. Clubs can train on them and rent them out and you don't get many abandoned games. They are allowed in the CL, so it seems stupid that they are banned from English league football.

That's why I support allowing artificial pitches in the Football League again. They have come on leaps and bounds. Clubs can train on them and rent them out and you don't get many abandoned games. They are allowed in the CL, so it seems stupid that they are banned from English league football.

Theres the semi artificial as well. When we started winning awards for our pitch it was the turf with plastic grass woven into the turf around the regular grass - it added to the pitches ability to take the wear and tear.

Though i do wonder what lower league teams would have the finances to invest in such...

Theres the semi artificial as well. When we started winning awards for our pitch it was the turf with plastic grass woven into the turf around the regular grass - it added to the pitches ability to take the wear and tear.

Though i do wonder what lower league teams would have the finances to invest in such...

I think that Wembley has that too.

I used to go and watch Maidstone Utd a lot. They have a 3G pitch and it was a really good surface. The club could train on during the week. All of their academy games were played on it and they rented it out. It is a no brainer for the lower leagues.

Qtr final draw:

Sheff Wed/Swansea vs Rochdale/Spurs

Man Utd vs Brighton

Leicester vs Chelsea

Wigan/Emirates Marketing Project vs Southampton

Could have been a lot worse

Weekend of 16-19th march

Good enough draw. Crap draw for Cheatski - given the two Manchester teams have got a bye, best we can hope for in a semi-final is Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back