• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

DWPhBA2W4AAy1rI.jpg

DWPhA6BXUAYkIaI.jpg

DWPhA6lWkAAS0ol.jpg

DWPhA0yX0AAQjvP.jpg

The 2015/16 accounts show Arsenal with £100 million in match day revenue compared to £41 million for us. An increase of at least £50 million seems probable, but 80 might be a tad high.

Yes, about $50-60m. Their matchday take at Highbury was very close to ours and the increase was more than doubling because of the large corporate share. That was over ten years ago so £80m might be plausible in todays money.

Why third in the PL? I would think our stadium would have more revenue-generating streams than the Emirates (microbreweries, dining, tunnel club, etc.) and with a slightly higher capacity too, that should put us very close to the top.

Agreed. If it is third it will be very close. Both United and Arsenal earned about £3-3.3m per game last time I looked (a few years ago). We should be in the same ball park. I think we will have less corporate seats than Arsenal (8k v 9k) but it will be interesting if Levy can extract more money from ours. The slightly larger capacity and the facilities to try and keep people at the stadium longer should help. I wouldn't be surprised if we top the list in the first year while all is new.

Last edited:
That would put us behind, wouldn't it? I'm wondering though, after all the cables are done then it's a matter of adding the roof panels. Do all of them need to be in place, or can they do some of them and finish the rest between games? Would they need to have cranes to do that making it impossible to do in sections?

I obviously know fudge all about construction.

Yes, the last update about this from the club was that the roof lift would start between late January and mid-February. However, they also said some parts were ahead and others behind, with the overall schedule being tight. It's possible they have reordered priorities and that delay on the roof was to get other parts done earlier. While the roof is being lifted they won't be able to do much inside the bowl, so perhaps the priority was finish various aspects of the terraces and pitch surround.

Anyway, watching all the activity, the deliveries of the rakers and large steelwork, the concrete pours, the cables for the roof, etc I'm confident they understand the logistics and are constantly monitoring to ensure the most efficient timetable.

I guess that not only the roof lift but also the fitting the roof panels will require the inside of the stadium to be locked down with no access, so all the work by the other teams will be on the outside of the stadium and inside the stands, that will see big changes to the whole ground

I guess that not only the roof lift but also the fitting the roof panels will require the inside of the stadium to be locked down with no access, so all the work by the other teams will be on the outside of the stadium and inside the stands, that will see big changes to the whole ground

Trust me on this missing the roof lift by about 3 weeks is no disaster. There would have been contingency in place to counter any delays like this.

The fact that we are so close to the build schedule tells me that we are in very very good hands.

People's extensions can take 6 months over that build date quote.

We will also have looked at where we can accelerate other parts of the build.

I doubt just because the roof is not up it will affect say the electrics or the toilet installations

If the schedule was seriously under threat I would have expected Sunday's to be a lot busier and more concurrent working across the site.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Fapatalk

Trust me on this missing the roof lift by about 3 weeks is no disaster. There would have been contingency in place to counter any delays like this.

The fact that we are so close to the build schedule tells me that we are in very very good hands.

People's extensions can take 6 months over that build date quote.

We will also have looked at where we can accelerate other parts of the build.

I doubt just because the roof is not up it will affect say the electrics or the toilet installations
i'm just trying to say I hope that the roof lift/roof panel fitting has been built in to the building schedule, so while they can't work pitch side they can complete heavy building works inside, (having the civils guys working inside not sitting down watching plumbers and sparkies work)

That would put us behind, wouldn't it? I'm wondering though, after all the cables are done then it's a matter of adding the roof panels. Do all of them need to be in place, or can they do some of them and finish the rest between games? Would they need to have cranes to do that making it impossible to do in sections?

I obviously know fudge all about construction.
I guess it depends on whether the roof lift has to be complete before other things on the critical path can be started?. The only thing that I can think of that cannot now happen until the roof lift is complete is the work on the sliding pitch, so I think it depends on how long that is predicted to take. The rest of the external/internal fit out can continue at whatever pace the club feel necessary.

Back