• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

What does it say?

Click on the conversation link. Essentially: compulsory licensing, training and insurance for gun owners. TBH I don't see how that prevents people from jumping through those hoops and then gunning down their colleagues, but presumably all regulation helps a bit.

that is also to ignore the context of the time it was written, the arms that were available then versus now, the fact that there was no police force at the time, and it is an ammendment to begin with (i.e. a change from the original consitution).
The point of this ammendment was obviously to allow the people a means to deal with an insurrection or a slave uprising, or overthrow an onerous government that was oppressing them and not for shooting each other when they got upset. A point ignored by those good old boys who love their guns.

The US government could fix or at least improve the situation if they wanted to but they don't. Money (edit: and Fox news!) decides american policy

This is it in a nutshell for me. It was of a completely different time, and its fudging ridiculous they carry on like they do today.

Click on the conversation link. Essentially: compulsory licensing, training and insurance for gun owners. TBH I don't see how that prevents people from jumping through those hoops and then gunning down their colleagues, but presumably all regulation helps a bit.
The link takes me to a login page.

Insurance makes sense - hit Americans in the pocket and they will act. The more shootings the higher overall premiums go.

Everyone hammering Trump on gun crime when no one in the last 50 years or so has done anything about it and I know they can't to some extent.

If I am honest its boring mourning the deaths of people in the US from gun crime when the country and its people are not prepared to do anything about the gun laws. Cry for the loss of victims rather than cry for the loss of guns, makes no sense.

What on EARTH?!!!

This is incredible. Just sheer madness.

Why would anyone say an average of 168 people every two days instead of 84 per day?

Those are all single easy solve issues, guns and gun ownership aren't.
It's to late to simply pass a law and make it go away, and it has been for decades.
Yes it is not an easy fix but it is a situation that can be improved if the will is there. The nation's gun fetish is a psychosis that will take a generation or more to change. They need to make ARs and handguns illegal, and access to hunting rifles and shotguns expensive and a massive pain to get. Instead they'll pass a regulation on something that doesn't change anything and go for a round of golf.

Last edited:
Those are all single easy solve issues, guns and gun ownership aren't.
It's to late to simply pass a law and make it go away, and it has been for decades.
None of those issues are solved. People still die from similar situations. The point is that SOMETHING was done to at least REDUCE the problem.
USA does NOTHING with the gun problem. If they just did something, that prevented one or two killings, that is a success and one step in the right direction. Then you take the next step. But they do absolutely nothing!

None of those issues are solved. People still die from similar situations. The point is that SOMETHING was done to at least REDUCE the problem.
USA does NOTHING with the gun problem. If they just did something, that prevented one or two killings, that is a success and one step in the right direction. Then you take the next step. But they do absolutely nothing!

I agree with your argument, control is needed, I disagree with how you building it.
The article and the incidents in it you quoted has little relevance to gun control or gun misuse.

I agree with your argument, control is needed, I disagree with how you building it.
The article and the incidents in it you quoted has little relevance to gun control or gun misuse.
It's highly relevant. It's the same as dealing with any other issue. You do something that reduces the problem. Then you evaluate and adjust accordingly. Eventually you have a situation that is acceptable. People will still get killed by guns no matter what, but you have to be proactive and make it less of a problem. They do fudge all.

It's highly relevant. It's the same as dealing with any other issue. You do something that reduces the problem. Then you evaluate and adjust accordingly. Eventually you have a situation that is acceptable.
I agree, but the incidents quoted in that article make it look simple, its anything but.
There is no one law or act that is going to make it through congress.

the mass shootings are like plane crashes, they get all the headlines but actually are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to gun deaths.
There is no one answer and the biggest single obstacle to gun control is politics.

At the rate people are being killed in the US there must a point where the whole problem will be solved. They will run out of targets.

I agree, but the incidents quoted in that article make it look simple, its anything but.
There is no one law or act that is going to make it through congress.

the mass shootings are like plane crashes, they get all the headlines but actually are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to gun deaths.
There is no one answer and the biggest single obstacle to gun control is politics.

This is the problem, not that there isn’t one law or act that could move things in the right direction.

Back