• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

First player to score more than 8 goals in his first 9 CL matches.

27798035_10155411652108505_1003169204582788325_o.png.jpg

So, everyone eulogises about how good Harry Kane is. All the pundits are talking about him- now we think he's great, but then we are bias. So I started thinking about out and out strikers and how good they are, he's currently scored 128 senior goals (including senior internationals) in roughly 5 seasons including loans. That's 25.6 per year

Robbie Fowler scored 141 goals IN TEN YEARS - That's 14.1 per year
Andy Cole scored 172 goals from 1989 - 2001 (93 of those in a SIX YEAR period at Man U) - 13.2 per year
Thierry Henry 283 goals from 1994 - 2010 (174 in an EIGHT YEAR period at Arsenal) - 17.7 per year
Alan Shearer 303 goals from 1988 - 2006 (18 years) - 16.8 per year

Harry is, quite simply, phenomenal.

So, everyone eulogises about how good Harry Kane is. All the pundits are talking about him- now we think he's great, but then we are bias. So I started thinking about out and out strikers and how good they are, he's currently scored 128 senior goals (including senior internationals) in roughly 5 seasons including loans. That's 25.6 per year

Andy Cole scored 172 goals from 1989 - 2001 (93 of those in a SIX YEAR period at Man U) - 13.2 per year
Thierry Henry 283 goals from 1994 - 2010 (174 in an EIGHT YEAR period at Arsenal) - 17.7 per year

Holy f**k. And that's why he's being mentioned in the same breath as CRonaldo and Messi, both of whom can reasonably be argued for as the greatest footballer of all time.

Oh, before you all wade in with the pitchforks, I'm not saying that either of them are ahead of Pelé, Maradona, etc. Just that you wouldn't be laughed out of the pub instantly for suggesting it.

Messi and Ronaldo are miles ahead of Maradona and Pele.
They played in different eras though, so a comparison is hard. I'd love to see Maradona and Pele playing in their prime today with the new balls/pitches/laws against GBH and also vice versa.

They played in different eras though, so a comparison is hard. I'd love to see Maradona and Pele playing in their prime today with the new balls/pitches/laws against GBH and also vice versa.

I think it required less skill to play in them days. I know the training facilities etc are better now and they will become better players but Pele and Maradona would not be on Messi's level if they played in this era, imo.

We are biased.

But we’re also right.

We're talking Brazilian Ronaldo here, right? Not that self-centered Portuguese prick.

The Brazilian Ronaldo was also on another level but unfortunately i am talking about the Portuguese prick. Even though i dislike the guy, he is a world class footballer.

I think it required less skill to play in them days. I know the training facilities etc are better now and they will become better players but Pele and Maradona would not be on Messi's level if they played in this era, imo.
Well crack out your time machine...

What makes you think Messi could have coped with what Pele and Maradona had to put up with? Messi and the stars of today have it easy in comparison.

Alternatively, I would question as to whether Messi would be on Maradona's level back then as he never had to cope with playing against defenders like Claudio Gentile or Andoni "The Butcher of Bilboa" Goikoetxea the who almost ended his career see below:

Back then tackles like that were not only common place but you never saw red for such vicious assaults. I would suggest Messi might not be the same player we admire if he had to play back then.

And another thing, we all known Brazil won the World Cup in 1958,1962 and 1970 but have you given much thought as to they were literally hacked out of the World Cup in 1966:

And to think none of these produced red cards

Trust me Messi has had it easy in comparison

What are you children squabbling about in here?

Yer man comes on here with a brilliant post claiming the following... and you decide to start rambling on about Pele and fouls and 1970s

Is this true?

Kane 26 per year

Fowler 14 per year
Cole 13 per year
Henry 18 per year
Shearer 17 per year

That stat is incredible if true

There always seems to be some new record or stat popping up about Kane every other week but that one up there beats them all i think

What are you children squabbling about in here?

Yer man comes on here with a brilliant post claiming the following... and you decide to start rambling on about Pele and fouls and 1970s

Is this true?

Kane 26 per year

Fowler 14 per year
Cole 13 per year
Henry 18 per year
Shearer 17 per year

Not sure how he got Kanes numbers but since he made his professional debut he has played since 2010/2011 at Orient so 8 years and a total of 148 goals

If you start with real first team games for us you have 5 seasons (he made one start the year before) it’s 131 goals in
192 appearances so 26 goals a season. Should be said the first season in these numbers he made 10 appearances

Or taking into account when he became a true first team player (14/15) it’s 127 goals in 4 seasons and 173 games if my maths is right .... so 31.75 goals a season or a goal every 120 minutes roughly... but thats clearly getting better

Shearer played 17 real first team seasons (ignoring his first two as a kid at Southampton where he made 15 combined appearances but hardly started ), 719 games and 376 goals or 22 a season on average

Back