• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I was reading about some big bets going down on Bale to Spurs this week. That doesn't mean anything I know, but it caused the market to shift considerably and made enough waves to be reported on. Madrid potentially clearing house for new incomings?

If Salah goes Madrid are we assuming Ronaldo CF - I don't think he plays there very well, bringing others into the game etc even with Salah they will need another Striker.

I think RM will sign Neymar and perhaps Salah - unless they want to spend similar money (them combined) to try and tempt us fro Kane.

I dont enjoy watching them at all. I think they play a ridiculous style of football and Im scratching my head as to how they get away with it.

I agree, really don't get it ...

- They press high, overcommit the midfield, hit the ball long to 3 runners, rinse and repeat. Their possession and pass rates are brick, but over and over it can work. It's nothing different to Rogers Pool, or Leicester's tactics with Vardy/Mahrez/etc.

The answer is simple, sit deep (so they don't get behind you), block off the diagonal, stay in game for first 55-60 minutes (they don't pace themselves), then counter them as they overcommit and get tired/lazy going back. Use long ball against them.

I think if they go against a really decent side in CL, Barca/RM/Bayern, etc. they will get destroyed ..

Got to love the reaction to Liverpool from us on here. Speaking as someone who is allergic to all think Liverpool F.C. for the past 45 or so years. I do still have to begrudgingly admire their 'carefree' attacking style.

the criticisms of Liverpools playing style are similar to those we got under Redknapp, I enjoyed the way we flew forward in numbers.

Got to love the reaction to Liverpool from us on here. Speaking as someone who is allergic to all think Liverpool F.C. for the past 45 or so years. I do still have to begrudgingly admire their 'carefree' attacking style.

Thats precisely why I dont admire it, there is no craft, its just blitzkreig and hope they score enough to win before their legs go.

As a neutral I dont find it entertaining, I find it frustrating.

the criticisms of Liverpools playing style are similar to those we got under Redknapp, I enjoyed the way we flew forward in numbers.

Not quite the same, while Redknapp's Spurs were a good counter attacking side, leveraging individual brilliance and not immune to the occasional long ball, it isn't Pool style.

Pool is continuous diagonal punts to a fast front three, overloading the attack by committing the vast majority of team forward. It's quite primitive and embarrassing to the game that it works so often.

They'd be a different proposition entirely, if they had a player of Modric's quality in central midfield (or Huddlestone's for that matter).

Thats precisely why I dont admire it, there is no craft, its just blitzkreig and hope they score enough to win before their legs go.

As a neutral I dont find it entertaining, I find it frustrating.

Crafted smacks of the big bore himself Jose!

I like watching Salah and those brilliant white nashers at pool, Hazard and Swansea City.
Have a softspots Brighton as Chrisie is the man and Palace as I use to go and watch them with mate 40 years ago. And all underdogs!

Crafted smacks of the big bore himself Jose!

I like watching Salah and those brilliant white nashers at pool, Hazard and Swansea City.
Have a softspots Brighton as Chrisie is the man and Palace as I use to go and watch them with mate 40 years ago. And all underdogs!

No, it really doesnt. Compare and contrast to City. They play with craft, and their game is light years ahead of Liverpools.

I can watch City and enjoy their games, even though I despise them and what they stand for.

And Ive a soft spot for underdogs too, not sure where that comes into a conversation about Pool though

No, it really doesnt. Compare and contrast to City. They play with craft, and their game is light years ahead of Liverpools.

I can watch City and enjoy their games, even though I despise them and what they stand for.

And Ive a soft spot for underdogs too, not sure where that comes into a conversation about Pool though

City ......well they are just so bloody wealthy it's meaningless, I really only watch their games to see if they lose.
Pep needs to go and manage WBA then he'll get my enthusiasm. I know City play well but so they bloody should. Now I can enthuse about Swansea.....not City. But I chortle lowdley at Man U.
I have to feel invested in a footy game to enjoy it.

City ......well they are just so bloody wealthy it's meaningless Pep needs to go and manage WBA then he'll get my enthusiasm. I know they play well but so they bloody should. Now I enthuse about Swansea and mighty Spurs.....not City. But I chortle lowdley at Man U.

Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield - all teams that play good football and all teams Ive wanted to do well.

City have spent a fortune, and yes - they should play well. But, as you say, look at Utd. Also spent fortunes and Id rather watch paint dry.

And, of course, have a look at Liverpools spending - and yet I dont appreciate their game either.

Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield - all teams that play good football and all teams Ive wanted to do well.

City have spent a fortune, and yes - they should play well. But, as you say, look at Utd. Also spent fortunes and Id rather watch paint dry.

And, of course, have a look at Liverpools spending - and yet I dont appreciate their game either.

Man U are for me a constant source of amusement as following them must be nearly as bland as being Australian.

They'd be a different proposition entirely, if they had a player of Modric's quality in central midfield (or Huddlestone's for that matter).

I did think that (re Modric) as I was writing the point - but I did love it when we had 5 or 6 flying forwards.

A midfielder the quality of Gareth Barry would be a huge improvement for them.

Can't imagine even Modric would get used much by Klopp though - they'd just bypass him. Tactics that require planning for midfield or defence as well as a front three is probably a little beyond Klopp.

Back