• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Rochdale OMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last month has confirmed to me that football is massively about motivation. Motivation has a huuuuuge part to play in any game.

If both teams are motivated it can come down to talent and confidence and tactics... but you need to be motivated first and foremost. To win challenges, to run the extra mile, to take on the extra responsibility.

That is why Spurs and other teams can all slip up and struggle one week and then up their game and play like champions the next.

So regardless of all this chat about the pitch and rotation and Llorente, for me it is largely about whether the players really go for it, or not. And we won't know that until five minutes in.

The last month has confirmed to me that football is massively about motivation. Motivation has a huuuuuge part to play in any game.

If both teams are motivated it can come down to talent and confidence and tactics... but you need to be motivated first and foremost. To win challenges, to run the extra mile, to take on the extra responsibility.

That is why Spurs and other teams can all slip up and struggle one week and then up their game and play like champions the next.

So regardless of all this chat about the pitch and rotation and Llorente, for me it is largely about whether the players really go for it, or not. And we won't know that until five minutes in.

Spot on, we know our players have better technique, are better coached and fitter than them, now its done to wanting to win, if you worry about the pitch or the weather youre giving your opponents a boost. An early goal to either side would set the tone for the game. My only concern is the new pitch and if it may be the cause of injuries, if it starts to cut up I would hope the ref is brave enough to stop the game if it's unfit to play on, rather lose this game than a player.

Rochdale training on the newly relaid pitch yesterday:

pitch-15.jpg

it looks like a rug, doesn't look flat at all, also look how high it is compared to the hoardings, looks like they have just rolled it out on top of the old one without levelling first

cowboys

it looks like a rug, doesn't look flat at all, also look how high it is compared to the hoardings, looks like they have just rolled it out on top of the old one without levelling first

cowboys

Infinitely better than that sand pit they played in against Millwall though!

Infinitely better than that sand pit they played in against Millwall though!
Our pitch use to look like Margate beach in the 70's and Derby's was worse. It's a disgrace that a pitch should get like that with todays ground technology and the fa should be doing something to ensure clubs look after their pitches, its not good enough to blame the bad weather its Rochdale what weather do they expect.

I really hoping Poch has the boys 'at it' for this game.
I have never felt a game as being 'after the Lord Mayor's show' than Sundays...
I hope I get enthused nearer the kick off.....

Our pitch use to look like Margate beach in the 70's and Derby's was worse. It's a disgrace that a pitch should get like that with todays ground technology and the fa should be doing something to ensure clubs look after their pitches, its not good enough to blame the bad weather its Rochdale what weather do they expect.

Money is tight in the lower leagues. The ground keeping and irrigation required to meet modern standards is expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back