• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Don't start me off!

There was a bit on the news last night "children in war zones are suffering " or words to that effect!
No brick sherlock. The treat us a bloody idiots!

My favourite is the annual scandal that 15% of the country are living in poverty. Where poverty has a relative definition - i.e. it is defined as the poorest 15% of society.

But that's human nature. No one likes bad news?
Ha of course, no one does - however we should be able to handle it. How much the media knows re Tobys contract situation is up for debate but I do think theres obviously an issue to some degree whether it be on Toby's side or ours. Have seen our contract renewals dragged out before, but I dont recall it ever being to this extent for one of our first team starters....

Ha of course, no one does - however we should be able to handle it. How much the media knows re Tobys contract situation is up for debate but I do think theres obviously an issue to some degree whether it be on Toby's side or ours. Have seen our contract renewals dragged out before, but I dont recall it ever being to this extent for one of our first team starters....

My personal thoughts are fitness (deal breaker) then contract length and then money. But that is a very simplified.
I have a horrible suspicion that age and injury record will see him offered a shortish contract and that has been the delay.
Not money.
Because if fit he/its a no brainer.

My personal thoughts are fitness (deal breaker) then contract length and then money. But that is a very simplified.
I have a horrible suspicion that age and injury record will see him offered a shortish contract and that has been the delay.
Not money.
Because if fit he/its a no brainer.

Much of that shouldn't matter, his replacement would cost 50M+

Club should be smart, give him a raise, give him 5 years if he wants, if he falls out of form/fitness in a couple of years, I'm sure they will still be plenty of takers for experience of that quality.

Club should be smart, give him a raise, give him 5 years if he wants, if he falls out of form/fitness in a couple of years, I'm sure they will still be plenty of takers for experience of that quality.

Yes
It really depends on the latest injury.
Levy has to make a call. Toby's stock is high .......place your bets folks.

Well yes, but it depends if Toby is asking for £60k/wk or £80k/wk or £100k/wk or £120k/wk or £1400k/wk or £500k per week, doesn't it?

What's being reported about Toby being unhappy with not playing doesn't make sense.
WC coming up why would he rush himself?
Same with contract, why force the issue just now, will be in much better position should we qualify for CL next year and NWHL is online on time.

What's being reported about Toby being unhappy with not playing doesn't make sense.

Same with contract, why force the issue just now, will be in much better position should we qualify for CL next year and NWHL is online on time.

Sadly my money is on keeping him fit above anything else. If he breaks again he is neither use nor ornament to us.
Poch has been meticulous/patient with all players returning from injury.
There may be information on the hamstring that Poch is not happy with but for obvious reasons are being discreet. He did imply with some angst that it was a "terrible injury" last weekend

I think the reports are made up. He has only been back in full training for a short while.

Back