• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Don't think Sess is out of our reach but don't think he will be a left back for very long. He has goals in him and managers and (maybe he himself) will want to maximise that.

Despite Aurier's flaws, I am uneasy at Trippier being up against Douglas Costa next game.
Think he could get done more than Serge would. We may well see a back three to compensate as a result.

If we go with KWP, imo it'd make sense to get rid of both Trippier and Aurier and bring in a top quality right-back in their late 20s, with KWP given the role of understudy to that player.

Hard call from where we view these things.
It will probably be a mixture of all our suggestions.
I'm not a fan KWP on the left thats for sure.

He wasn't great yesterday, but must simply play and learn. He's not experienced enough yet. Walker did this kind of thing all the time when he was younger as well (as well as now, to be fair). He's got the talent and basic athletic skills to be a top, top player, in my opinion. Just needs some Poching and growing up a bit. He'll get there!

Despite Aurier's flaws, I am uneasy at Trippier being up against Douglas Costa next game.
Think he could get done more than Serge would. We may well see a back three to compensate as a result.
Trippier came up against some excellent players, including very quick players, against United, Liverpool and Arsenal. He did really well. All in a back four.

Douglas Costa is good enough to cause problems for any full back in the world. But I think I would be more worried about Aurier than Trippier given their performances this season.

3 at the back means sacrificing another player somewhere else

Aurier made a BIG mistake yesterday but was ok other than that

The problem is what is he bringing to the team that we didn’t have

He isn’t offering pace
His crossing isn’t great and isn’t on par with Trippier
He has been rash in tackles and got himself banned because of it

Poch will have this summer to work with him

See Danny Rose before Poch got hold of him.

Rose looked like a terrible excuse for a footballer and was plagued with behavioural issues coming through the academy. Poch turned him into one of the best FBs in the world.

I call BULLSH1T

That complete dribble

Give me some examples of Rose being a terrible excuse of a footballer

How did it put us in a difficult position? Gave us longer to prepare. Would only of put us in a difficult position if he'd started playing up, but quite clearly he was a popular guy in the dressing room and did nothing to disrupt. He continued to perform well when called upon, you can always find something to criticise if you look hard enough but utimately he did nothing wrong....
Seemed quite clear to me that Pochettino was unhappy with it. Walker went from clear first choice to either a backup or rotation player on par with Trippier. With a lot left of the season, important games.

Would have been better if he just kept his mouth shut, keep playing well and working hard and leaving the transfer stuff for the summer.

3 at the back means sacrificing another player somewhere else

Aurier made a BIG mistake yesterday but was ok other than that

The problem is what is he bringing to the team that we didn’t have

He isn’t offering pace
His crossing isn’t great and isn’t on par with Trippier
He has been rash in tackles and got himself banned because of it

Poch will have this summer to work with him whilst others are at the World Cup

I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing KWP get more chances
Exactly. We can't hope that they're maybe better if we play 3 CHs. That's not good enough. A first choice needs to be good as RB or RWB.

We lose flexibility otherwise.

I think Serge will be given more time but agree both him and Trippier could be opening the door for KWP.

It's small percentages at the top of this league and I feel we're giving a little away in this position.

So a load have already written off Aurier to the point we should be in for Nathan Clyne?! Dont make me laugh, Aurier has made some rash decisions - this is nothing we havent seen before and disappear over time. Look at the bigger picture, he has all the tools to succeed and will be shocked if he isnt undisputed no.1 right back in a years' time. Failing that we have a quality RB in Trippier anyway, hes very much proved himself on the big stage - Certainly to the extent we dont need Nathan Clyne coming in....

So a load have already written off Aurier to the point we should be in for Nathan Clyne?! Dont make me laugh, Aurier has made some rash decisions - this is nothing we havent seen before and disappear over time. Look at the bigger picture, he has all the tools to succeed and will be shocked if he isnt undisputed no.1 right back in a years' time. Failing that we have a quality RB in Trippier anyway, hes very much proved himself on the big stage - Certainly to the extent we dont need Nathan Clyne coming in....

From what I’ve seen I’d be shocked if he is first choice as he hasn’t shown he excels at anything so far

But Clyne is another odd the Southampton band wagon who is massively over rated

I think he has it all to be a top player. It looks pretty obvious to me he is finding his way still, learning the teams nuances etc.

His decision making could be a lot better, and I expect Poch to work on it. Otherwise I think he has all the qualities to be an incredible player for us.

I think next season, having had this season and a proper pre-season, he will really start to show it.

I call BULLSH1T

That complete dribble

Give me some examples of Rose being a terrible excuse of a footballer

About every appearance between 2009-14. When Zeki Fryers was brought in in 2013 that was seen as a real threat to Rose's position as BAE's back-up. When he signed a new contract in summer 2014, that was received poorly by fans, as most people hoped he'd be sold. He just wasn't very good till Poch got hold of him.

Back