• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

I suppose I've been attached to this club for too long and I see them as an extension of my family, and as I love all my family I try to see the best in them and feel they can be better with constructive help rather than negative criticism.

I spent more time inside white hart lane then I spent in the company of some of my aunts/uncles, cousins and stuff. Tottenham is my family, I kind of love this wife and I adore my son even if the freak does not like football. But Tottenham comes first.

If you were Poch and looking at where to strengthen in the summer, what position in the first XI is the one that lacks stand-out quality? I would say right-back.

I cant see us signing another RB in the summer - Aurier will be given another year to grow into the role and KWP another year to develop before we sign another RB IMO.

Most likely transfer activity in the summer I think would be:
- Rose out, Sessegnon in
- A young CF brought in (I saw that we were linked, again, with that young Hamburg CF) though Llorente staying for another year
- Sissoko out, a replacement in - we've moved for creative midfielders in recent windows (e.g. Gomes, Barkley) and whilst Sissoko has been involved in a huge number of games so far this season, its not obvious we'll hang on to someone who turns 29 this summer when they're not a first choice player, particularly if he has a good world cup and puts himself in the shop window

I would agree except Aurier is in first season. So comparing the two is a little difficult.
Pochettino will chop and change both this season but I believe neither are defensively good enough.
3 at the back may negate these problems.
Can't think of a good 'responsible and reasonably priced' right back?

One thing I would say for both Aurier and Trippier (I think I said it earlier in this thread, not sure) is that they will both look better when we go 3 at the back with a fully fit Toby. Having TA covering that right-sided defensive channel does help to make up for the defensive shortcomings of both players.

I still feel that they are both at the level of squad player, rather than a starter for a team that wants to win things. At the moment, Trippier is the better squad player of the two.

Perhaps we should wait and see how Aurier performs if we end up going to a back 3 again.

I cant see us signing another RB in the summer - Aurier will be given another year to grow into the role and KWP another year to develop before we sign another RB IMO.

Most likely transfer activity in the summer I think would be:
- Rose out, Sessegnon in
- A young CF brought in (I saw that we were linked, again, with that young Hamburg CF) though Llorente staying for another year
- Sissoko out, a replacement in - we've moved for creative midfielders in recent windows (e.g. Gomes, Barkley) and whilst Sissoko has been involved in a huge number of games so far this season, its not obvious we'll hang on to someone who turns 29 this summer when they're not a first choice player, particularly if he has a good world cup and puts himself in the shop window

Sessegnon has got much richer suiters than us. I would doubt we will see him in a Spurs shirt.

@StephenH -- re. gettable, affordable right-backs, I wonder if Clyne from Liverpool would be an option? He's injured at the moment, but Liverpool seem happy with the young RBs who they have been using in his place, I wonder if Clyne might want to move somewhere else to be a first choice starter. He's worked well with Poch before and seems like a solid, if unspectacular, sort of player

@StephenH -- re. gettable, affordable right-backs, I wonder if Clyne from Liverpool would be an option? He's injured at the moment, but Liverpool seem happy with the young RBs who they have been using in his place, I wonder if Clyne might want to move somewhere else to be a first choice starter. He's worked well with Poch before and seems like a solid, if unspectacular, sort of player
I don’t see Clyne as much of an upgrade on Trippier.

not overly keen!

I don't think Aurier is a bad player, he was doing well in the air in the second half, he is just too sketchy and unprofessional at present. Can't have a player in this highly focused team, who can blow everything up in a second. Also his crossing seems as bad as Walker's, Trippier has done very well in huge games right before this. Give him all the big ones and Aurier fodder in the league.

I don’t see Clyne as much of an upgrade on Trippier.

This why 3 at the back look favourite IMHO.

3 at the back means sacrificing another player somewhere else

Aurier made a BIG mistake yesterday but was ok other than that

The problem is what is he bringing to the team that we didn’t have

He isn’t offering pace
His crossing isn’t great and isn’t on par with Trippier
He has been rash in tackles and got himself banned because of it

Poch will have this summer to work with him whilst others are at the World Cup

I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing KWP get more chances

Sessegnon has got much richer suiters than us. I would doubt we will see him in a Spurs shirt.

I'm not sure I agree. Given the precedent set by the fee we paid for Sanchez, and with limited incomings needed this summer plus the likely proceeds from selling Rose, I dont see why we wouldn't spend say £40m on Sessegnon.

Cheatski have two LBs in Zappacosta and Alonso, Man C has Mendy and Fernandinho, Man U will likely take Rose from us....I'm not sure there are that many richer bidders for him

I’m sorry, but I hate him. Sounds like a prick of a person, and plays like a macaron. And doesn’t even seem particularly quick or good in the final third.

I’d get behind him if it wasn’t for his behaviour off the pitch making it hard to like him...

See Danny Rose before Poch got hold of him.

Rose looked like a terrible excuse for a footballer and was plagued with behavioural issues coming through the academy. Poch turned him into one of the best FBs in the world.

....which means you can only play 2 of Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lamela and Lucas (unless you dont play Demele or Winks)

Not a bad problem to have. Perhaps, when Dembele is tired or has a knock, we play with the diamond midfield we used earlier in the season (with 3 at the back). Dier or Wanyama as the holder, then 3 of Eriksen/Dele/Lamela/Son/Lucas for the other positions.

Poch will figure it out.

3 at the back means sacrificing another player somewhere else

Aurier made a BIG mistake yesterday but was ok other than that

The problem is what is he bringing to the team that we didn’t have

He isn’t offering pace
His crossing isn’t great and isn’t on par with Trippier
He has been rash in tackles and got himself banned because of it

Poch will have this summer to work with him whilst others are at the World Cup

I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing KWP get more chances

If we go with KWP, imo it'd make sense to get rid of both Trippier and Aurier and bring in a top quality right-back in their late 20s, with KWP given the role of understudy to that player.

I'm not sure I agree. Given the precedent set by the fee we paid for Sanchez, and with limited incomings needed this summer plus the likely proceeds from selling Rose, I dont see why we wouldn't spend say £40m on Sessegnon.

Cheatski have two LBs in Zappacosta and Alonso, Man C has Mendy and Fernandinho, Man U will likely take Rose from us....I'm not sure there are that many richer bidders for him

City will grab him and his brother. Then even loan them back or to a lower EPL club for next season.

Clyne was in our academy as a kid. We released him and he moved on to Palace

Back