• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Testament to all but our defence has not been too shabby in his absence, however we look alot better with Toby in the team

He looks like he's playing a bit more tentatively and not as relaxed as he did earlier in the season. You would have expected the opposite. A few more games and I think he will relax and be more assured on and off the ball.

It is obvious that at just 21 he is still subject to the inconsistencies of youth

At his peak certainly but I think that Verts has been on a better run of form for about a year now.

Vertonghen has been brilliant but TA is still a big loss and he makes a huge difference when he is in the side. I remember we lost Vertonghen to injury two seasons ago, he's also a big player to lose but we coped just fine for the most part, better than we did when TA is out.

Vertonghen has been brilliant but TA is still a big loss and he makes a huge difference when he is in the side. I remember we lost Vertonghen to injury two seasons ago, he's also a big player to lose but we coped just fine for the most part, better than we did when TA is out.

I don't disagree. I was talking about their form over the last year.

Both TA and YV are great player for us. But Sanchez is the future. He will make mistakes you can only progress by learning from those mistakes.

Fans really need to be patient with Sanchez. Terrific talent but young, naive and will make mistakes. Importantly for a centre back at 21 he is probably ahead of most other CBs at a similar age. Thinking of Christensen, Holding, Lindelof and Joe Gomez, Davinson seems to be ahead of all of them right now. We desperately need to keep Alderweireld around for another couple of years, by which time Sanchez should be a lot more accomplished as a centre back.

I dont think he was bad either. His use of the ball could have been better and looked a little panicky a few times but its completely to be expected. I thought Higuain taught him a few lessons last night but thats to be expected, and a great experience for the guy

Back