• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

For Pochettino Lloris means much more to the team than just his goalkeeping. So before exchanging him right now for a younger, brighter prospect who is maybe already better equipped. you would also have to factor in what Lloris means to Poch and the impact his departure might have on the rest of the team.

To illustrate the point, here is some of what Poch has to say about Lloris in Brave New World, pp54-55:

"We see Hugo Lloris as the best goalkeeper in the world."

"Hugo is special ... he's a mature person, a moral leader who has real authority, because of his professionalism and because of the way he is. I almost consider him to be part of the coaching staff because he embodies the philosophy that we want to champion in our game when he's on the pitch: possession, attacking mentality, not in fear of a high line, an active and brave goalkeeper who's good on the ball."

I haven’t read BNW yet, so that’s interesting.

I almost choked on my cuppa the other night when Son called Hugo “the best goalkeeper in the world” in his post-match interview, but he’s obviously toeing the party line. I can definitely believe Hugo would be a model professional and an excellent influence on younger players.

@MarkTaylor0:

Lloris' #xG 2 shot stopping #PremierLeague 2014/18. A bit of an under performing blip this season. Red above grey = below average. Grey above red = above average. #THFC Data @InfoGolApp

DT5PXmwW4AU_xE-.jpg

Last edited:
Our captain has been in fine form over this recent run of tricky games. Against Juve he made a couple of great saves. We take him for granted sometimes.

Did he get anything on the Higuin penalty that hit the bar on the stroke of half time?

Our captain has been in fine form over this recent run of tricky games. Against Juve he made a couple of great saves. We take him for granted sometimes.

Did he get anything on the Higuin penalty that hit the bar on the stroke of half time?

I believe so. I heard a double tap on my video stream. Can't find a HD replay to see if the yellow blur of Lloris arm connects with the white blur of the ball. The ball was traveling!

I believe it was an impossible save to a great penalty.

could he have saved the first goal, he got a hand to it, wasn't a strong enough hand though.

could he have saved the first goal, he got a hand to it, wasn't a strong enough hand though.
Could have saved the penalty too. I think he'll be disappointed with letting in both those goals. But would have been wonderful saves had he made them. Can't expect him to save those every time.

Good performance overall. Some good saves, some good punches, good distribution. But lacking that one wondersave that we know he can make.

Could have saved the penalty too. I think he'll be disappointed with letting in both those goals. But would have been wonderful saves had he made them. Can't expect him to save those every time.

Good performance overall. Some good saves, some good punches, good distribution. But lacking that one wondersave that we know he can make.

The save in the second half was pretty wonderous

I've said it before, he always has one of these in the big games that count and they usually cost us. Saw a pic of him in the tunnel and he had that drawn look as if he is about to break down in tears. i think he's a bit of a choker when it comes to the big matches. Very good in the ones where there is not so much pressure.
I know what you mean, Lloris has a very nervous aura around him - he doesn't look like an ultra-confident beast of a man like Anthony Joshua, he looks like a skinny, nervous librarian. Generally he is a good shot stopper, but he does not radiate positivity, which is important when you are captain and 'commanding' the box.

Today was OK apart from that one huge error, flapping in free air, no challenge, no glove on the ball, putting off Sanchez and leaving the net empty for Morata to nut into.

You notice and over analyse any Lloris mistake and there is enough time in between mistakes that they all stand out.....

....tells it's own story

Not calling for him to be dropped or anything but I think he’s been far more error prone since the away game at City last season when he was at fault for both as I recall.

This season, in the big games, he cost us goals at home to Chelsea, away to Liverpool and yesterday. Even against Juve, he should have done better.

There was a time when Hugo was too good for us. He’s not as dependable as those days and we’ve gotten far better as a team. Hopefully he can get these mistakes out of his game.

Back