• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I think he’s been a breath of fresh air since coming back from injury. His positivity and aggression have pushed the team forward in the last few games. I’d go as far as saying we’d be a few points less well off without him in recent weeks.

It’s a squad game so horses for courses in the attacking areas and as happened on Sat when it wasn’t working for Son we have a couple of quality options now off the bench to change it up.

He has been looking good off the bench lately and is giving us a different dimension in attack when closing games out - he really shows for the ball and occupies good positions in and around the opponents box and is able to hold it up too. All good traits to be able to bring on fresh against tiring opponents.

Great to have him back and playing well

So you agree that there are few opportunities to do this against teams that sit back

No I don't agree. You could say he does better when teams offer more space against us but he can be still very useful when teams sit back as he can beat players with trickery and score in tight games, he won a free kick in a dangerous position on the edge of the box yesterday which nearly resulted in a goal from Eriksen if not for a great save from Cech. Seem to recall he scored the winning goal against the likes of Palace, Brighton etc i.e. teams who sit back. Also scored the equaliser against West Ham when it looked like we could play another 90 minutes and still not score.

Eriksen is our most important midfielder, after that it's a toss up (oh er), who plays depends on opposition and fitness.
If we now include moura, I would be confident of winning 9 out of 10 of our games regardless of which of the 4 filled the other 2 spots.

No I don't agree. You could say he does better when teams offer more space against us but he can be still very useful when teams sit back as he can beat players with trickery and score in tight games, he won a free kick in a dangerous position on the edge of the box yesterday which nearly resulted in a goal from Eriksen if not for a great save from Cech. Seem to recall he scored the winning goal against the likes of Palace, Brighton etc i.e. teams who sit back. Also scored the equaliser against West Ham when it looked like we could play another 90 minutes and still not score.

I am not talking about specific players here. My post was about attributes that are effective against specific opposition tactics.

Son needs to improve his decision making regarding the timing of passes, Lamela needs to improve his shooting and chance conversion. If they were perfect in these respects they probably wouldn’t be playing for Spurs. That said both are very good players and having both means hopefully they will keep each other on their toes. We are so lucky to have them as options.

Son needs to improve his decision making regarding the timing of passes, Lamela needs to improve his shooting and chance conversion. If they were perfect in these respects they probably wouldn’t be playing for Spurs. That said both are very good players and having both means hopefully they will keep each other on their toes. We are so lucky to have them as options.

Combine their best attributes and they'd be playing for Barca

Lamela will be a great player for us if he can score more goals. He can defend, tackle, create, pass and cross but doesn't seems to be confident to score goals.

Lamela will be a great player for us if he can score more goals. He can defend, tackle, create, pass and cross but doesn't seems to be confident to score goals.

You saying he 'runs about a bit'!
He does always look enthusiastic.
He try's to get the ball back but hes loses control too often in the tackle.
He imho is the naturally skilled creative understudy for/with Eriksen.

I was not a fan of Lamela’s before he got injured as I always thought he gave the ball away needlessly and fouled a lot. I’ve been proven wrong and I think every time he has played this season he has looked really sharp and has an Eriksen like defence splitting pass.

I really do hope he stays and becomes part of the squad. He should be a starter but our bench should all be starting too. Our squad has such depth now when all fit it’s unreal.

Haha fudge you pussy!

I agree with you, when he joined I was looking forward to seeing a pacey attacking player who would score goals, but it took him a long time to adapt to the league for various reasons. His workrate and commitment improved but he was not as good as I expected and very one footed like a lot of left footers. His passing does seemed to improved since returning and I'm hoping he fulfils his obvious potential.

I am not talking about specific players here. My post was about attributes that are effective against specific opposition tactics.

I accept that and don't disagree with the principle but I'm saying that Son has shown he can still be very effective against teams that come to WHL/Wembley, sit back and don't offer us much space or allow us time on the ball. In fact, he's frequently scored the winner in a lot of those games during his entire Spurs career.

I forgot to mention his tackling which is the most akward I've ever seen, he's never going to "jockey" an opponent into a position when he's got the chance to dive in.

I love that Son and Lamela are so different. Completely unique attributes and having Lamela and Moura available are two new signings. Where we could only rely on Nkoudou and Sissoko to come on and try and change things, we now have some real ability on the bench or even challenging for first team births.

Also Lamela's cameo against Arsenal was fantastic. Should have got a fantastic assist straight away (when Dele spurned his chance), and then could and should have added a couple himself. And then to top it off calling Wheelchair a p*ssy

Passion:

DV8m8pyX4AEyLD-.jpg

DV8m7A9W0AAP0xG.jpg

Back