• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

So the tv money has fallen by 20% (from £11m per game to £9m per game), so not as bad as some feared. Hopefully then we can make him a competitive offer

Two hours is an awful long time to go careful about this, careful about that. Things will have moved on, one way or the other.

So the tv money has fallen by 20% (from £11m per game to £9m per game), so not as bad as some feared. Hopefully then we can make him a competitive offer

Wow...so the bubble is slowing down. This can only be good for us. Although overseas money is going to increase from the sounds of it.

He will resign shortly, be imperious in the second leg against Juve and all this negative talk will be forgotten. The guy isn't stupid, we have just come through a hellish run of games with excellent results. The future is lillywhite!

From what I heard they have sold 5 of the 7 packages for £4.6 billion compared to the previous deal which was £5.1-5.2 billion. Still two packages left, so that could push the total higher than the previous deal. The £11m per game to £9m per game is just that: per game cost for Sky and BT. But the overall deal looks like it will be for more, or at a minimum the same money.

The two packages that didn't sell didn't meet their reserve. Only BT bid for them and they went low because Sky can't rival them (as they're up to their quota).

Overseas money will more than make up the shortfall by the sounds of it

I wouldn't be so sure. Viewer figures (of full games, rather than tricks and goals youtube clips) are dropping.

There's a massive PR spin going on, but the EPL is actually in trouble about this. It's really significant that no new players have come anywhere near it, while Sky and BT have formed a cartel.

But I agree with BoL - it is good news for us, and bad for badly run clubs.

I wouldn't be so sure. Viewer figures (of full games, rather than tricks and goals youtube clips) are dropping.

There's a massive PR spin going on, but the EPL is actually in trouble about this. It's really significant that no new players have come anywhere near it, while Sky and BT have formed a cartel.

Well we'll see soon enough i suppose

But total money will almost certainly go up and that' not counting overseas money.

Also by the next round I think Amazon or Netflix will make a play....

All the analysis I saw on the TV deal had the domestic rights about stable and a big increase in international - this has been from the beginning of the year, so far its seems to be the case.

We are on the cusp of something amazing at this club and he could and should be an integral part of it. He is one of the best defenders on the planet so if we are to push the boat out on his wages I see it is as money well spent. Just do it (I'm getting with the whole Nike thing).

Last edited:
But total money will almost certainly go up and that' not counting overseas money.

Also by the next round I think Amazon or Netflix will make a play....

They wont. Young people don't watch full matches. There was a big discussion on Radio 5 last night about the lost generation of 15-25 year olds who don't watch matches. Football's greed has sown the seeds of its downfall.

They wont. Young people don't watch full matches. There was a big discussion on Radio 5 last night about the lost generation of 15-25 year olds who don't watch matches. Football's greed has sown the seeds of its downfall.
It was 15-25 year olds who don't watch matches at the ground - the discussion was the potential decline of match going fans due to more games being on TV and the 15 -25 year olds more likely to watch there than at the game. This is the opposite point to what you said it was saying.

Reactions: DTA
Back