• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Because as good as he is, we have better players in his position who are also in better form. Really is that simple.
Agreed. Lamela has a fight on his hands to get back ahead of Son to get regular starts. With the addition of Moura that fight just got harder.

But either way he's a really useful rotation or bench option. If he'll be happy with that long term, or if he'll fight his way back into the starting 11 only time will tell.

I really like the look of our 5 behind Kane. Eriksen is almost undroppable, but Son, Alli, Lamela and Moura is excellant for the other 2 spots.

Agreed. Lamela has a fight on his hands to get back ahead of Son to get regular starts. With the addition of Moura that fight just got harder.

But either way he's a really useful rotation or bench option. If he'll be happy with that long term, or if he'll fight his way back into the starting 11 only time will tell.

Son started brightly today but faded, I think that Lamela did more than him overall. Lamela imposes himself on games, as good as Son is, he can be a little passive. If Lamela can keep it up, I am sure that he'll get a chance to stake a claim for a starting place.

I really like the look of our 5 behind Kane. Eriksen is almost undroppable, but Son, Alli, Lamela and Moura is excellant for the other 2 spots.
I think Alli is close to undroppable too. Excellent at his best, very good most of the time. And in a way the next big hope being a bit younger than the others. Very high profile too. Leaving him on the bench for a handful of games would be a big deal.
Son started brightly today but faded, I think that Lamela did more than him overall. Lamela imposes himself on games, as good as Son is, he can be a little passive. If Lamela can keep it up, I am sure that he'll get a chance to stake a claim for a starting place.
I pretty much agree. But there was also more space to exploit when Lamela came on with fresh legs.

Son offers something a bit different from Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Lamela. Direct dribbling, pace and more traditional winger type qualities. We were excellent with Lamela, Eriksen and Alli before Lamela's injury, no reason we can't be again. But Son has bitten doing really well, thus the tough fight for Lamela.

I think Alli is close to undroppable too. Excellent at his best, very good most of the time. And in a way the next big hope being a bit younger than the others. Very high profile too. Leaving him on the bench for a handful of games would be a big deal.I pretty much agree. But there was also more space to exploit when Lamela came on with fresh legs.

Son offers something a bit different from Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Lamela. Direct dribbling, pace and more traditional winger type qualities. We were excellent with Lamela, Eriksen and Alli before Lamela's injury, no reason we can't be again. But Son has bitten doing really well, thus the tough fight for Lamela.

I’d say Son is almost undroppable the way he has played recently and going back even further over the last 18 months. He is streets ahead of Lamela right now in my opinion.

Lamela has an eye for a pass, should have got an assist with his pass to Alli today. But he’s still erratic in front of goal and doesn’t score enough goals. Yes I know Son missed a great chance today and misses the odd chance but even Kane misses glaring chances as witnessed today. Son is far more clinical than Lamela.

Lamela has to improve his end product in my opinion if he’s going to oust one of Eriksen, Alli or Son.

Also, Lamela can have an average/bad game and people still say “he ran so hard today,he’s so vital to us” whereas people don’t say the same about the other 3 even though they work just as hard as Lamela and have more end product.

I’d say Son is almost undroppable the way he has played recently and going back even further over the last 18 months. He is streets ahead of Lamela right now in my opinion.

Lamela has an eye for a pass, should have got an assist with his pass to Alli today. But he’s still erratic in front of goal and doesn’t score enough goals. Yes I know Son missed a great chance today and misses the odd chance but even Kane misses glaring chances as witnessed today. Son is far more clinical than Lamela.

Lamela has to improve his end product in my opinion if he’s going to oust one of Eriksen, Alli or Son.

Also, Lamela can have an average/bad game and people still say “he ran so hard today,he’s so vital to us” whereas people don’t say the same about the other 3 even though they work just as hard as Lamela and have more end product.

I’d agree with this. I wasn’t keen on Son at all for a long time but over the past two seasons he’s played his way into the first team. Eriksen is undroppable as is Alli but we will need to rotate and we’ll have injuries so Erik will get his chances I think.

He’s also such a fudging great wind up merchant. Stamping on Fabregas, getting the penalty last week and really winding up that odious little clam today. Get him signed to a new contract Levy.

Spot on!

Back