• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

So I just watched the highlights and frankly can't understand the fuss about the penalties. They were both undisputable from the replays (Kane was offside for the first though, but the foul from Karius was clear enough). Two very good and brave decisions from the ref (excluding again the offside) - especially the last one, which couldn't have been easy to spot in real time.

I can understand Pool frustration from the offside on the first not given, but it doesn't really matter when Kane blew it, does it. tinkle poor penalty, BTW.

Very good result in the end. And the manner of it must be a great morale booster for us and hopefully the opposite for them. Important point for us in what was a very difficult weekend.

It's a shame that Firmino didn't get a booking for covering his mouth and abusing the lino for giving the second

But he’s already offside from the initial pass.

And apparently an accidental touch from the defender doesn’t make it onside... according to 5 Live. It has to be a deliberate pass apparently.

So when salah was off for the first goal he wasn’t as Dier meant to pass it to him??

I had my 5 month old son crying all of the way through the second half. It was just like being on the OMT.

I was singing Spurs songs to calm him. His rattle was great during the slow (spiritual) bits of Glory Glory.

The change were subtle but had effect. Maybe Liverpool tired and that helped. But pock removed Dier from in front of the back 4 so he could not get robbed and we played a diamond with Alli at the tip to get him more involved, And also give us more bodies centrally. This also allowed Trippier and Davies to be more free. Home many passes did you see go wide to them and they were free.
Poch removed Sanchez because he was awful
Every other pass or interception went to a poll player
I love this lad he is gonna be brilliant but today he was gash

For the record I was certain that Kane was offside for the 1st penalty and I'm a Level 5 referee who regularly referees and lines....but having looked into and listened to the ex-referees on Sky/radio I can now see that the officials were absolutely CORRECT with the decision.

The wording from the Laws of the Game is as follows:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by an opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

The application of the laws was therefore correct and fair play to the referee and his assistant for clarifying it even if it took a while.

Full credit to the assistant for backing up his convictions and flagging for the second penalty when it would have been very easy to let it go.

Absolutely love the amount of tinkle boiling go on at the moment from Liverpool and Woolwich fans....the latter actually think Kane dived and should receive a retrospective 2-game ban!

So when salah was off for the first goal he wasn’t as Dier meant to pass it to him??
That's not very fair. Alli's pass to Kane should have been called offside IMO - Lovren only lunged and swiped at the ball because Kane was lurking there and Lovren couldn't be brave/sure enough to just let it run through to him... I know Bernard Gallacher says it was the right call, but I disagree.

The Dier pass to Salah was very different and you know it mate!

For the record I was certain that Kane was offside for the 1st penalty and I'm a Level 5 referee who regularly referees and lines....but having looked into and listened to the ex-referees on Sky/radio I can now see that the officials were absolutely CORRECT with the decision.

The wording from the Laws of the Game is as follows:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by an opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

The application of the laws was therefore correct and fair play to the referee and his assistant for clarifying it even if it took a while.

Full credit to the assistant for backing up his convictions and flagging for the second penalty when it would have been very easy to let it go.

Absolutely love the amount of tinkle boiling go on at the moment from Liverpool and Woolwich fans....the latter actually think Kane dived and should receive a retrospective 2-game ban!

Their issue is given how brick he is, how would you know if Lovren was deliberately playing the ball

That's not very fair. Alli's pass to Kane should have been called offside IMO - Lovren only lunged and swiped at the ball because Kane was lurking there and Lovren couldn't be brave/sure enough to just let it run through to him... I know Bernard Gallacher says it was the right call, but I disagree.

The Dier pass to Salah was very different and you know it mate!

No the same rules apply

Dier passed it badly as he was under pressure
Lovren shanks his clearance under pressure

So what’s the difference?

I know we all suffer from paranoia, but looking at the press comments I've seen on the net it's a major travesty of justice we did not get beat at Anfield, despite having the most possesion, most attempts at goal and on target, most corners and least fouls. It all goes to confirm my belief that a lot of journalist still keep a flame burning for the first love of their youth.

From RAWK

On a side note, as angry as I am about that penalty, I haven't seen us dominated like that at Anfield in ages. We looked like a mid-table La Liga side playing away at the Camp Nou.

Spot on

Game plan went out the window with the gift of a goal, and now pool will try to pick us off. But we're still in the game. Pool sitting back very compact. Maybe a long shot will get us a goal. If we score, I think Pool could fall apart.

Need to come out with focus and determination.
Prophetic!

No the same rules apply

Dier passed it badly as he was under pressure
Lovren shanks his clearance under pressure

So what’s the difference?

Pressure from whom? that is the question. Lovren thought he had kane breathing down his neck, which he hadn't, and was "under pressure" from kane, which was in offside position. Dier was under pressure from a player onside.

With this said, the referee got it correct. Lovren mishit his clearance while Kane did not pressure him, creating a new situation. no offside.

At some point in the next week, I'm gonna sneak up behind you and kick you as hard as I can in the calf, with football boots on. I will see whether you jump in the air ;)

1BKa.gif

Back