• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I think we will continue to invest in the same vein if not slightly more, we would not be bidding for Moura if not. Just don't see a massive increase or decrease for the first season or two

Who really thinks that will change?

I think we will carry on doing what we are doing. Buying youth with potential and developing it, while buying the odd "ready made" player to supplement.

What I think will change is the level at which we buy. More Sanchez level and less NJie, if you see what I mean?

And I think wages will increase, enabling us to attract these players and keep the ones we have.

Who really thinks that will change?

I think we will carry on doing what we are doing. Buying youth with potential and developing it, while buying the odd "ready made" player to supplement.

What I think will change is the level at which we buy. More Sanchez level and less NJie, if you see what I mean?

And I think wages will increase, enabling us to attract these players and keep the ones we have.

I agree but it is why i am also amazed we have not brought sessegnon yet.

Agree we will buy players who fit our wage structure, as time goes on the wage structure will increase at a quicker rate than the market due to the new finances.
Buying those players like Sanchez that nobody is quite ready to take a risk on, but not competing for a Hazard or Lukaku when they become available.

The truth is, a Hazard level player doesnt want to come to us and we cant afford him so getting annoyed we arent trying to buy from the top table is pointless.
If Eriksen was on the open market now he wouldnt want to come to us.

I agree but it is why i am also amazed we have not brought sessegnon yet.

If reports are to be believed, we have been trying! And for some time!

If I had to guess, Id say Fulham are looking to hold him as long as they can, until they can spark a bidding war. They dont want to just sell him to us, if they can get other parties interested to drive the price up.

Ive felt for a long time he is a "Spurs buy" all the way though, fits us to a T.

Agree we will buy players who fit our wage structure, as time goes on the wage structure will increase at a quicker rate than the market due to the new finances.
Buying those players like Sanchez that nobody is quite ready to take a risk on, but not competing for a Hazard or Lukaku when they become available.

The truth is, a Hazard level player doesnt want to come to us and we cant afford him so getting annoyed we arent trying to buy from the top table is pointless.
If Eriksen was on the open market now he wouldnt want to come to us.

Its all part of the football food chain, we get players taken form us by the likes of Madrid and we do the same down the line, in fact we are very good at it, better than the big clubs and we have to trim less fat. Emirates Marketing Project and PSG etc can't fail to be successful (then have at times i know) but they have lots of fat to trim because their policies are to buy loads and high.

We are very good at what we do

Its all part of the football food chain, we get players taken form us by the likes of Madrid and we do the same down the line, in fact we are very good at it, better than the big clubs and we have to trim less fat. Emirates Marketing Project and PSG etc can't fail to be successful (then have at times i know) but they have lots of fat to trim because their policies are to buy loads and high.

Levy is very good at what he does
Just bringing this one back on thread...

Best chairman in the Prem without a doubt, but there will always be a few who want him to throw money at players and will never be satisfied until " one more player " is added to the squad. There will always be a very small minority who want a change, ( more players different manager, better chairman) but they are more a pain then a help.

yep - added to this they are buying clubs all over the globe (now Girona in Spain) meaning another loop hole - see how many players are bought from their child clubs and if it is market price.

Is this an example City to buy a player from NYC (who they own) above stoke -"but will miss out on 21-year-old local lad-turned-New York City star, Jack Harrison, who is off to Emirates Marketing Project and will promptly be shipped out on loan to Middlesbrough."

Don't think there should be a limit on the number of loans, provided they are players who are in or have come through the academy.

I would like a few rules to be put in place for loans/themporary transfers.

1. A maximum of (say) 15 players out on loan in total.
2. Players not being allowed out on loan in the first two years of their time at a club.
3. ‘Buyback’ deals being made illegal.

The club taking the player on loan having to pay their full wages, would help keep down wages and make it a little harder for the big clubs to hoover up talent.

I was just back in the UK and fortunate to be able to attend three games, Utd and Arse at Wembley and The Scousers away. I was mighty impressed by all that I saw, and the feeling around the club. The development of our club from the point I gave up my season ticket in 2003 has been remarkable. We are known across Europe as a club on the up. I have a absolutely no complaints about Daniel Levy's stewardship of our club. I think he has done a brilliant job. When I look at what we had to sit through under Alan Sugar I cant believe how far we have come.

Last edited:
I was just back in the UK and fortunate to be able to attend three games, Utd and Arse at Wembley and The Scousers away.I was mighty impressed by all that I saw and the feeling around the club. The development of our club from the point I gave up my season ticket in 2003 has been remarkable. We are known across Europe as a club on the up. I have a absolutely no complaints about Daniel levy's stewardship of our club. I think he has done a brilliant job. When I look at what we had to sit through under Alan Sugar I cant believe how far we have come.

Absolutely! Could not agree more...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back