• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willian was the only one where they directly nicked a transfer off of us. Signing a player that we showed an interest in in a previous window is a bit difference. If you were suggesting that PSG might sell Moura to Chelsea in the summer of 2019 then fair enough.

Nah we wanted Hazard, Chelscum outbid us and offered CL which we couldn't.We wanted Willian, he chose Chelsea who offered him more money. If all the reports are to be believed, we wanted Barkley in the summer but Chelsea were prepared to pay him more - and then concocted a deal with him to string Everton along and pay him mega bucks. At that point we could no longer compete so dropped out to save face when it became obvious a stitch up had occurred. So three times they have taken a player we wanted.

Changed my mind about Laura..I mean Moura. He looks quite deceptive.
So you never know...it may work out. I can only see him replacing Sissoko though as he is runner with the ball.
CoySpurs.....

Changed my mind about Laura..I mean Moura. He looks quite deceptive.
So you never know...it may work out. I can only see him replacing Sissoko though as he is runner with the ball.
CoySpurs.....

What did you change your mind about so quickly and does this not tell you that you should probably think a little deeper before making judgement.

Not a pop at you but some fans decide on things without knowing much in the first place.

Depression or extacy .... there is a middle ground

What did you change your mind about so quickly and does this not tell you that you should probably think a little deeper before making judgement.

Not a pop at you but some fans decide on things without knowing much in the first place.

I don,t know this player.watched him on YouTube and thought he didn't,t create much and very much a fast reaction player.Anyway ..had another look,and thought he can be deceptive in his movement!
Maybe could do a job..can score on the odd occasion.
I know I should not be too hasty in my judgement but disappointment with some of our signings can make you a bit cynical. He is Brazilian isn't,t he ? We have not had too many successful signings of Brazilian players so I hope this one
Turns out OK.

I don,t know this player.watched him on YouTube and thought he didn't,t create much and very much a fast reaction player.Anyway ..had another look,and thought he can be deceptive in his movement!
Maybe could do a job..can score on the odd occasion.
I know I should not be too hasty in my judgement but disappointment with some of our signings can make you a bit cynical. He is Brazilian isn't,t he ? We have not had too many successful signings of Brazilian players so I hope this one
Turns out OK.

Never understood the tarring of players as others have failed ... would you apply the same logic to say Dainish players ... would they all be a success like Eriksen?

I'm sure there maybe issues with players settling In from various parts off the world... but that is and should always be in judgement of the players mentality and not the colour off his passport In my opinion.

Thinks he is still brick....but can replace Sissoko. Duh. :p

As an upgrade on Sissoko I'm not sure how any of you have a single doubt that this guy would be a great signing. He can trap a ball for starters...

Papped at St Pancreas

DUvuj8CXUAYuWCo.jpg

Nah we wanted Hazard, Chelscum outbid us and offered CL which we couldn't.We wanted Willian, he chose Chelsea who offered him more money. If all the reports are to be believed, we wanted Barkley in the summer but Chelsea were prepared to pay him more - and then concocted a deal with him to string Everton along and pay him mega bucks. At that point we could no longer compete so dropped out to save face when it became obvious a stitch up had occurred. So three times they have taken a player we wanted.

Ha ha.
You're very funny.
But it's not really ok to try re-writing and twisting history to distract from your earlier concrete insistence that Moura wouldn't sign for us.

If all the reports are to be believed then you'd be schizophrenic as they weren't in agreement.
And the Hazard thing has been an amazing situation where a story from H Redknapp esquire was pretty much confirmed by Hazard himself, where he would have joined us if we'd got Champions League football. Nothing to do with being outbid.

Something that I noticed from the YouTube videos (I know, I know) is that as well as explosive pace and the ability to beat players, Moura also looks to be very brave. He backs himself to get to the ball before the defender and seems to just nick it round them with them having committed themselves. He either comes away with the ball in space or gets a free kick with the opponent likely to be booked.

He also seems to have a good right foot that he massively favours, but looks capable on his left side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back