• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that defensive shield we put around ourselves when it seems like something good is going to happen...
Imagine how it could all go wrong, expect the worst, then breathe a huge sigh of relief when the photo of the new signing holding the shirt aloft appears.

I can really understand that!
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

Damn we all have some serious baggage ;)

Im hoping its one of them where its actually all done and just not announced.

That's the spirit!

So Pool fans want him, you think Chelsea will nab him. Arsenal about to kidnap him.....
Lol

Thay've spent their budget this window on Barkley and all the backhanders to the council.

With transfers and Spurs, I always expect the worst. It's a defence mechanism. Then, when we actually do sign someone - or win a game - like we do from time to time, it's a pleasant surprise. In fact, this is sometimes my strategy for life too.

You can call me a miserable bastard now.

With transfers and Spurs, I always expect the worst. It's a defence mechanism. Then, when we actually do sign someone - or win a game - like we do from time to time, it's a pleasant surprise. In fact, this is sometimes my strategy for life too.

Same here... just expecting to hear that after being given the grand tour of our training ground, Moura’s taxi took a quick detour to Goons / Chavs on way to airport... a’la Petit :oops:

I hope those YouTube compilations are a tad more appetising than the clip doing rounds on Twitter of Moura thundering straight up the middle of the pitch then fluffing his finish...

He did everything right there. Would have been an amazing goal but for a world class defensive effort and clearance. How many defenders make such an effort to track back and anticipate too. Not many

I hope those YouTube compilations are a tad more appetising than the clip doing rounds on Twitter of Moura thundering straight up the middle of the pitch then fluffing his finish...

Reminds me of the kind of roar that would always go up whenever our own Gerry Armstrong went on one of his blunderbuss runs from deep back in the late '70s.

More often than not we'd all end up laughing our socks off having cheered him to the rafters as he thundered his way like a runaway HGV through lunging tackles and flailing arms before ending up falling flat on his face having corkscrewed his shot over the Park Lane stand.:D

Ghod how desperate we were for a bit of excitement in those dark days.:eek:

Reminds me of the kind of roar that would always go up whenever our own Gerry Armstrong went on one of his blunderbuss runs from deep back in the late '70s.

More often than not we'd all end up laughing our socks off having cheered him to the rafters as he thundered his way like a runaway HGV through lunging tackles and flailing arms before ending up falling flat on his face having corkscrewed his shot over the Park Lane stand.:D

Ah did the peasants want to burn him at the stake or have him hang drawn and quarter, no it was OK to have a sense of humour back then.

Woulda taken him earlier in his career but now. Seems like he wants to use us to reclaim his old self. Flopped majorly in France IMHO.

I used to be coached by Gerry Armstrong, but never saw him play. Perhaps that explains some of my attacking (lack of) qualities.

Woulda taken him earlier in his career but now. Seems like he wants to use us to reclaim his old self. Flopped majorly in France IMHO.

Have you watched him much? I don't know him at all, to be honest. His stats aren't excellent, but not too shabby either (something like 33 goals and 37 assists in 190 something matches for PSG). Worth a punt for £25 mill in this market though, no? It would be nice to hear opinions from people who's actually watched him play much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back