• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I'm an old fart now, but sad to see the news that this guy passed away. He did a LOT of cover art for some great (and not so great, in all honesty) games back in the day.
https://www.digitiser2000.com/main-page/a-tribute-to-the-art-of-bob-wakelin
https://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Bob_Wakelin
Ah man that takes me back. What games they were. The Commodore 64 and tapes. The artwork really was immense and thats what sold the games to me when looking at them on the spinning rack (like a sunglasses rack). Consoles like the Atari ST, SNES and Megadrive were the best. My brother has just bought an emulator that has about 80,000 games on it all legit but it’s about £350 and I don’t get much time to play games anymore. I only really play GTA5 when I can.

And if I needed any further displacement activities to destroy my productivity, wreck my business and condemn my daughters to starvation in gutters or hostessing at charity events, there's a new Room game out. Very much the same as its predecessors, which is entirely a good thing. Feels like it will be the size of Room Three without quite as much wandering around, more like Room Two in focusing on very complex objects in a single space.

Ah man that takes me back. What games they were. The Commodore 64 and tapes. The artwork really was immense and thats what sold the games to me when looking at them on the spinning rack (like a sunglasses rack). Consoles like the Atari ST, SNES and Megadrive were the best. My brother has just bought an emulator that has about 80,000 games on it all legit but it’s about £350 and I don’t get much time to play games anymore. I only really play GTA5 when I can.

I have a load of Master system / Mega Drive / NES / SNES games on my PSP - apart from the standout games the majority are no fun anymore, something like golden Axe or final fight which I loved are now just very repetitive slog fests. A handful of games still very much hold up - love going through the Zelda games.

I've just upgraded mine from 16k to 48k with a kit I got mail order from an ad in Your Sinclair. Looking forward to playing the full range of games, getting a bit sick of Jetpac. I hear Head over Heels is good.
You still have one? Wow. I haven't seen one in maybe 30 years. I have fond memories of wasting days if not weeks playing games on it. It is amazing what they could cram into 16k.
I just googled the games and am having flash backs! Knight Lore, Atic Atac, Ant Attack, The Hobbit, Underwurlde.

My biggest miss of all time was destruction derby, loved that game going back though its not as good as I remember

there were thousands upon thousands of games for both :D there were some real shockers.
pretty sure the only peripheral i ever needed was a joystick... competition pro 5000, in fact as the weapon of choice.
And i loved the sound of the SID chip...
One of my biggest disappointments in gaming ever was the atrocious conversions of Chase HQ, and (worst of all) Street Fighter 2.

LOOK AT IT.
162818-street-fighter-ii-commodore-64-screenshot-guile-getting-beat.png

what a fudging mess.

Back