• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I have no issue with an agent representing a client. Fine. Businessman to businessman. But one agent. No hidden fees. All fees paid should be stated upfront and as modricspur said, anyone caught brown-bagging pays a heavy price, club, player, agent, all of them.No third-party ownership of players either...

They should also be registered and qualified

It’s a shame, we are in a results business and players don’t get a lot of time. But his performances are getting worse and although he is assisting sometimes I think he is regressing as a player, which is a sign of a not so happy player.

I'm not sure its to do with happiness.

Seems more like a player who has more attention from opposing players, who isn't doing the basics of what he previously did so well before as well now and who perhaps has started trying some things that he isn't so good at.

Don't know why he would be unhappy, where would he go exactly?

He is becoming our own Oxlaide Chamberlain

Come on, Oxlaide-Chamberlain has never scored more than 3 league goals in a season. Alli has got double figures twice already! He just needs to learn that there's a time to showboat and a time to release the ball far quicker and play the simple pass. Also, give the ball to another teammate when he has 2-3 players surronding him rather than trying to nutmeg all of them.

Like I said in the match thread, he needs to get back to basics. He refuses to make the simple play, takes too many touches, tries something ambitious that doesn't come off and loses the ball. It seems like he thinks he is better than he is. What he did well in the past was to make the right runs and pick the right pass at the right time. He needs keep things simpler, pass and move and cut out most of the fancy stuff, especially in a period when he is struggling to find consistent form. Technically he's not that special, he's not particulaly quick, but he's got great football intelligene when he uses it in the right way, so he needs to play to his strengths.

I'm not sure its to do with happiness.

Seems more like a player who has more attention from opposing players, who isn't doing the basics of what he previously did so well before as well now and who perhaps has started trying some things that he isn't so good at.

Don't know why he would be unhappy, where would he go exactly?
Even when he scores now he hardly celebrates. He looks a misery on the pitch. He’s changing agents so to me looks like someone who is looking to find another club. If he said he wanted to leave there would be a load of the top clubs after him.

Next time he scores let’s see what his celebration looks like. He’s already given us 2 years and this is his 3rd so wouldn’t be unheard of if he was to go.

Teams know that if you can slow Alli up for a second and get 2 men on him, he will try to nutmeg both of them and fail. Every time. Almost nobody can nutmeg 2 players.

Like I said in the match thread, he needs to get back to basics. He refuses to make the simple play, takes too many touches, tries something ambitious that doesn't come off and loses the ball. It seems like he thinks he is better than he is. What he did well in the past was to make the right runs and pick the right pass at the right time. He needs keep things simpler, pass and move and cut out most of the fancy stuff, especially in a period when he is struggling to find consistent form. Technically he's not that special, he's not particulaly quick, but he's got great football intelligene when he uses it in the right way, so he needs to play to his strengths.

This is spot on and I'm glad other people are finally beginning to see it because I have been pointing this out from the start of the season. For that reason I am seriously starting to lose patience with this guy, because how many months before he gets these so obvious points into his thick head - he's not learning and it's costing us now. Who in the hell does he think he is. It seems to be amazing arrogance like he thinks it's all about him. How in fudge can he not realise what isn't working and yet he still keeps doing it. Poch also has to take some blame. Today playing sissoko and taking Son off shows how fallible he can be as a manager and it would seem he is now not pointing out the bloody obvious to Dele. Not that he should need telling. Time and again he loses the ball unecessarily - as these moments stack up in there droves doesn't his dumb brain think ''oh this isn't working, maybe I shouldn't do it anymore''.

I know he's young but for me it's getting to the stage where if someone offers £150m I'd just take it.

My only reluctance on this is Kyle Walker who I remember also went through a strange year not long after winning ypoty, yet he has gone on to become the best right back in the world. But then again when he reached that status we just sold him so perhaps none of this even matters.

This is spot on and I'm glad other people are finally beginning to see it because I have been pointing this out from the start of the season. For that reason I am seriously starting to lose patience with this guy, because how many months before he gets these so obvious points into his thick head - he's not learning and it's costing us now. Who in the hell does he think he is. It seems to be amazing arrogance like he thinks it's all about him. How in fudge can he not realise what isn't working and yet he still keeps doing it. Poch also has to take some blame. Today playing sissoko and taking Son off shows how fallible he can be as a manager and it would seem he is now not pointing out the bloody obvious to Dele. Not that he should need telling. Time and again he loses the ball unecessarily - as these moments stack up in there droves doesn't his dumb brain think ''oh this isn't working, maybe I shouldn't do it anymore''.

I know he's young but for me it's getting to the stage where if someone offers £150m I'd just take it.

My only reluctance on this is Kyle Walker who I remember also went through a strange year not long after winning ypoty, yet he has gone on to become the best right back in the world. But then again when he reached that status we just sold him so perhaps none of this even matters.

Alli isn’t playing consistently well but his actual results and stats say something very different

I agree about the Walker comment to be fair

Lets the support the guy. He is only a kid whose life is a whirlwind at the moment. He will get through this sticky patch and be all the better for it.

I agree. But I don't disagree with some of the other comments... especially the 'he thinks he's better than he is' observation. The problem with this type of player is it's very hard for them to switch their ears back on.

I agree. But I don't disagree with some of the other comments... especially the 'he thinks he's better than he is' observation. The problem with this type of player is it's very hard for them to switch their ears back on.
Sure but the fact that is trying this stuff game on game would suggest Poch is encouraging it. He just needs to find a better balance.

Teams know that if you can slow Alli up for a second and get 2 men on him, he will try to nutmeg both of them and fail. Every time. Almost nobody can nutmeg 2 players.
Can but hope that our Dele will some day attain Ronaldinho’s nutmeg (and popularity) levels!

http://sportwitness.co.uk/sometimes...zilian-press-special-harry-kane-relationship/

Dele Alli has given an interview to ESPN Brasil this week... Finally on the biggest inspirations he has, Alli named only two players, one English and one Brazilian: “I think Steven Gerrard was a big one to me. And obviously Ronaldinho. I always used to watch his clips on Youtube, with all his tricks and stuff, and he always looked like he was having fun.”

Last edited:

Agree with this. I also don't think its necessarily arrogance - it might be that he's lacking a bit of confidence and so is hanging on to the ball to make absolutely sure he makes the right decision. He's at his best when he moves the ball on quickly. Not only do moves break down when he loses the ball, often we've 3 or 4 players ahead of play expecting a pass and we're slightly out of shape and certainly at our most vulnerable to a counter. So as much as scoring goals he needs to understand the responsibility of playing a pass when he's in that position.
I do get the impression that he would need more stick than carrot in training. I would be constantly on him to make those decisions. How easy is it to recreate game situations like that though?

Back