• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Levy is fudging legend, and if anyone dare say anything different, they're a clam in my book. :D
He is going to be bored when this stadium thing is over.

Mind I did read some speculation that ENIC will try to buy an NFL franchise and the focus on NFL for NWHL is a step down that road. Probably rubbish.

He is going to be bored when this stadium thing is over.

Mind I did read some speculation that ENIC will try to buy an NFL franchise and the focus on NFL for NWHL is a step down that road. Probably rubbish.
I'd imagine they'd love to do that, but would have to leverage it the way Victimpool/Man Utd have been, I suspect.

An NFL franchise would cost upwards of $1B - Lewis is worth a bit over $5B in total from memory. Hard to imagine that he'd have anywhere near a fifth of his worth liquid or even readily convertible in order to do that. I can see how tempting it would be though.

I'd imagine they'd love to do that, but would have to leverage it the way Victimpool/Man Utd have been, I suspect.

An NFL franchise would cost upwards of $1B - Lewis is worth a bit over $5B in total from memory. Hard to imagine that he'd have anywhere near a fifth of his worth liquid or even readily convertible in order to do that. I can see how tempting it would be though.

I thought he made that majority of his money in liquid since witty forex.

Even saying that smart business men seldom use their own money for business ventures, but I know that you know about what people in business know.

Not sure I've seen this picture before, so posting it here. Looks bloody nice. :D

THFC_00_Populous.jpg

I would like the single tier stand to be a bit steeper but I guess this way people won't fall out of it.

This one's pretty steep:

58929014_bacb28f9b3_b.jpg

Never been tried, using a shape where the stand (theoretically) delivers the weight back down onto the smaller footprint, also allowing a greater steepness. Would it actually work?

933042_orig.jpg

But I’d take our 17k stand over these every day of the week. It will be an unbroken wall of Spurs fanatics, lots of signing, sensational atmosphere.

Last edited:
This one's pretty steep:

58929014_bacb28f9b3_b.jpg

Never been tried, using a shape where the stand (theoretically) delivers the weight of the stand back onto the smaller footprint, allowing a greater steepness. Would it actually work?

933042_orig.jpg

But I’d take our 17k stand over these every day of the week. It will be an unbroken wall of Spurs fanatics, lots of signing, sensational atmosphere.

Imagine when "fans" start booing at off day.

I think that is why the links to AEG were being talked up a couple of years ago.

Spur Me Up's steep stand is at Valencia's Mestalla. Been there a couple of times and the angle of the seats is like a luge run. Great, great stadium, though.

Says a lot when even in a virtual mock up there are tacos with their mobile phones out.

Stop gawking at other people's phones. Then you might notice that the mock-up image has 24 men on the pitch - 11 players per side, one ref and a single Person Of Interest out near midfield. And both linesmen are working at the same end of the pitch.

And why are all the photogs clustered at the near end sitting in front of the advertising boards? They should be behind.

Sadly, the artist has left out his muse from prior renderings, the mysterious, ever-present lady in the blue dress.

But he does have a bunch of twits passing a Spurs banner over prime seats in the middle of the lower bowl as we look about to score. Shame the action on the pitch doesn't match what's being shown on the video boards.

This one's pretty steep:

Never been tried, using a shape where the stand (theoretically) delivers the weight back down onto the smaller footprint, also allowing a greater steepness. Would it actually work?

933042_orig.jpg

I think you could nearly tinkle on the opposition team if you took a mind from that top tier.

Back