• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The one area he is not so strong in for me is his shooting from distance seems to lack a bit of power. Saw it a couple of times again in today's game. You can't ask for everything, though, and his placement usually makes up for it.

The one area he is not so strong in for me is his shooting from distance seems to lack a bit of power. Saw it a couple of times again in today's game. You can't ask for everything.

Well, if it is a weak area, you can bet it’s one he’ll be working on.

Why can’t he just stay at spurs forever and break the record for spurs and the premier league? He’d be a hero at spurs forever and ever and be in our history books. I don’t get footballers really but depends on whether he is actually a spurs fan. As I know I’ve said it before that my head could get turned by a foreign team but my heart would always be spurs so I could never leave them really unless I wasn’t wanted.

It’s not all about winning things is it?

Why can’t he just stay at spurs forever and break the record for spurs and the premier league? He’d be a hero at spurs forever and ever and be in our history books. I don’t get footballers really but depends on whether he is actually a spurs fan. As I know I’ve said it before that my head could get turned by a foreign team but my heart would always be spurs so I could never leave them really unless I wasn’t wanted.

It’s not all about winning things is it?
No, it's also about fat stacks of cash.

After seeing so many of our best players leave to win trophies at other clubs I will not be so naive as to assume Kane loves Spurs so much that he would not want to leave us for a better opportunity to win trophies in the next 2 or 3 seasons

I agree, despite what some fans believe its NOT all about money. Most sportsman want to win things and Kane ( has he has said) is no different.

Kane should try to equal or overtake the record for most goals scored in a PL match which is 5 goals. That record is now jointly held by Cole, Shearer, Defoe, Berbatov and Aguero. Defoe scored the 5 goals when we beat Wigan 9-1 in 2010. Remember Kane scored 4 goals against Leicester last season. Kane is capable of getting 5 goals but the team tends to slow down after scoring 2 or 3 goals. Kane and the team should be more ruthless to try to equal or overtake the 9-1 score to set another record.

There is also another record which Kane might not overtake : the most assists in a PL game which is 4 assists, jointly held by Adebayor and 5 other players. Adebayor set this record when we beat Newastle 5-0 in 2012. We know Kane is greedy to score himself and rarely assist other players. So, maybe Eriksen and Alli have more chance to equal or overtake this record than Kane.

"Kane should try to equal or overtake the record for most goals scored in a PL match which is 5 goals".

Right. So, he'd have to score 6. A double hat trick.

Would he go home with a pair of game balls?

Surely a world class striker like Kane is trying to match/break that 5 goal record every game!

Unfortunately for him, even the bottom of the table sides nowadays rarely are so badly organised as to concede 6+ in a game. Kane’s best chance will probably be during the run in, when half the teams have nothing left to play for and their players have mentally gone on their summer holidays; just as he did to snatch the Golden Boot from Lukaku’s grasp last season with those 7 goals in the final 2 games.

Kane should try to equal or overtake the record for most goals scored in a PL match which is 5 goals. That record is now jointly held by Cole, Shearer, Defoe, Berbatov and Aguero. Defoe scored the 5 goals when we beat Wigan 9-1 in 2010. Remember Kane scored 4 goals against Leicester last season. Kane is capable of getting 5 goals but the team tends to slow down after scoring 2 or 3 goals. Kane and the team should be more ruthless to try to equal or overtake the 9-1 score to set another record.

There is also another record which Kane might not overtake : the most assists in a PL game which is 4 assists, jointly held by Adebayor and 5 other players. Adebayor set this record when we beat Newastle 5-0 in 2012. We know Kane is greedy to score himself and rarely assist other players. So, maybe Eriksen and Alli have more chance to equal or overtake this record than Kane.

Sigh. Seems he can never do enough to satisfy some fans.

"Kane should try to equal or overtake the record for most goals scored in a PL match which is 5 goals".

Right. So, he'd have to score 6. A double hat trick.

Would he go home with a pair of game balls?

Always turns up with a massive pair of game balls.

Back